News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Just finished season 1 of House of Dragon. Overall I give it like....8/10. It was very, very good.

Next up for the social/nerd weekly watch party: Peripheral. Only 4 episodes out so far, so when we run out of those planning on tackling Dark.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

The Dropout, S1. Young entrepreneur fakes it till she makes it, but doesn't make it. I only read the headlines when it happened so I don't know how accurate it is, but I enjoyed it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

In The Heat of the Night is free on Youtube with ads, if anyone still needs to punch their Sydney Poitier commemoration ticket.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 07, 2022, 08:33:47 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2022, 04:07:03 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2022, 02:02:49 AMSpanish/Catalan dubs used to be of top quality. I grew thinking Arnold Schwarzenegger was a good actor because of his Spanish dub  :lol:
The first two Rocky give me trouble in their original version.  Had to switch to French.  I am unsure if I watched Commando in its original version...  I am 100% positive I have never see Predator other than in French.

There are always subtitles. ;)
We can't get used to it.  It's cultural.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2022, 03:36:32 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 07, 2022, 08:33:47 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2022, 04:07:03 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2022, 02:02:49 AMSpanish/Catalan dubs used to be of top quality. I grew thinking Arnold Schwarzenegger was a good actor because of his Spanish dub  :lol:
The first two Rocky give me trouble in their original version.  Had to switch to French.  I am unsure if I watched Commando in its original version...  I am 100% positive I have never see Predator other than in French.

There are always subtitles. ;)
We can't get used to it.  It's cultural.

How American of you.  :P

Berkut

I don't mind subtitles. They are almost always much  preferable to dubbing, IMO.

0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2022, 09:59:20 AMI don't mind subtitles. They are almost always much  preferable to dubbing, IMO.

Oh, absolutely. There's just some nostalgia aspect to watching childhood films dubbed.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2022, 09:59:20 AMI don't mind subtitles. They are almost always much  preferable to dubbing, IMO.

Do you watch non-english made series on Netflix? Do you also include subtitles even tho they don't fit?

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2022, 10:24:41 AM

Do you watch non-english made series on Netflix? Do you also include subtitles even tho they don't fit?

Not a lot, but some.

Dark for example, and that show about the Korean drug runner.

0 rows returned

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2022, 10:24:41 AM

I watched one Korean show and now Netflix won't stop recommending more :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Finished Season 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I enjoyed Seasons 1 & 2, but they felt a tad meandering, and a bit repetitive in their structure/escalation of events. Season 3 IMHO was a marked improvement, helped by putting a central recurring "main plot" in there with the restaurant, which added a focus point to hang several plots and jokes on. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

The Crown.

Find myself more furious than ever at this show's small-c conservatism <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 13, 2022, 05:40:10 PMThe Crown.

Find myself more furious than ever at this show's small-c conservatism <_<

I wanna know why they are spending so many episodes covering side characters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Actually I really liked the al Fayed episodes.

But could do with less Margaret - even though I love Lesley Manville.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

I haven't finished yet, but I'm not sure what the show makers want me to feel about Diana (if anything). I think I saw 5 episodes and her constant whining about how awful the family has treated her just makes her seem like a spoiled brat. Am I supposed to feel sympathy here?