News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Sandman with "normal" eyes is what's throwing me off the most tbh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Good episode of Better Call Saul, but I found it incredibly stressful to watch. :lol:

Nice appearances by Carol Burnett and Jim O'Heir (Jerry/Garry/Terry/Barry etc. from Parks & Rec). :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

The writer/director of In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths is finishing
The Banshees of Inisherin
, a movie about two friends who found themselves at an impasse when one of them ends their friendship.

Stars Collin Farrel and Brendan Gleeson. The two actors and the directors are reunited for the first time since In Bruges.  I am optimistic about this movie :)  Much, much, more than about Fantastic Four 3rd reboot.  Which means I am really getting old.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

New She-Hulk trailer. It's miles better than the first, but I still find the CGI characters off-putting. The scenes with her and He-Hulk look like a new Shrek movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7JsKhI2An0&ab_channel=MarvelEntertainment

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on July 27, 2022, 03:05:04 AMNew She-Hulk trailer. It's miles better than the first, but I still find the CGI characters off-putting. The scenes with her and He-Hulk look like a new Shrek movie...

The anti woke brigades valid criticism is about how a new character showing up an old one is bad.
Despite hulk obviously half arsing it.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Josquius on July 27, 2022, 06:43:27 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 27, 2022, 03:05:04 AMNew She-Hulk trailer. It's miles better than the first, but I still find the CGI characters off-putting. The scenes with her and He-Hulk look like a new Shrek movie...

The anti woke brigades valid criticism is about how a new character showing up an old one is bad.
Yes, even outrage addicts can make a point every now and then. They aren't wrong about that.
PDH!

Valmy

Well they need a few valid points to rope people in to listen their shitty ones.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

There are some seriously fragile male egos out there.  The Hulk casually tosses a rock, and she throws it further - oh no!  And then she is able to do a much better yoga move - well yeah, have any of these brittle males been to a gym with actual women lately?

celedhring

So, finally got around to watch Love & Thunder. It has some funny moments, but overall it's much more jumbled and uneven that Ragnarok. The jokes just don't land as often. That said, Portman rocks pretty hard as Thorette. Pity they kill her at the end.

HVC

I tried watching it ( :pirate: ) but got bored about halfway through. Tried to keep the ragnarok humour but didn't really work. Also didn't help that Thor had more chemistry with a cgi hammer then he did with Jane.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on July 27, 2022, 12:02:16 PMI tried watching it ( :pirate: ) but got bored about halfway through. Tried to keep the ragnarok humour but didn't really work. Also didn't help that Thor had more chemistry with a cgi hammer then he did with Jane.

The first half is by far the worst part of the film. I feel it improves once they leave Omnipotence City. That sequence was godawful (pun intended).

But yeah, it's a bit telling that the funniest bits of the movie are about Thor and his relationship with Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

Josquius

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 27, 2022, 07:09:59 AM

Yes, even outrage addicts can make a point every now and then. They aren't wrong about that.

They're hijacking the worf effect, a valid criticism of some stuff, and applying it where there doesn't seem any relevance.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Watched a Tom Cruise film.... and it was quiet good. :gasp:

Film was 'American Made'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Trying to make it through The Gray Man, Netflix's prestige Bourne rip off starring Ryan Gosling.

The fight scenes are generic and the dialogue is all wannabe tough guy talk.  Ana de Armas' talents are being hidden under too many clothes.

She has not followed up Bladerunner 2049 very well.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2022, 09:11:01 PMTrying to make it through The Gray Man, Netflix's prestige Bourne rip off starring Ryan Gosling.

The fight scenes are generic and the dialogue is all wannabe tough guy talk.  Ana de Armas' talents are being hidden under too many clothes.

She has not followed up Bladerunner 2049 very well.

She was absurdly likeable in Knives Out. My favorite movie of hers post Blade Runner. Also, her  scene in No Time To Die was quite easily the best bit in the film imho.

Unless you're specifically talking about the amounts of clothing she's wearing in these movies.