News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

That's insanity. With a game based on Hong Kong movies you'd think starring Michelle Yeoh would be slapped all over the box.

I didn't realise Emma Stone or anyone of note was in there tbh.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2022, 09:24:02 AMNew season on umbrella academy is good. Has some great absurd scenes too.

I present to you: footloose dance off

Yeah, I am really enjoying it.  Great writing, continued character development and another interesting premise.  I also love the fact that they poke fun at previous story lines - "Dude, I destroyed the world - twice"  I am trying to watch it over time to make it last.

Jacob

Quote from: Josquius on June 28, 2022, 01:20:30 PMThat's insanity. With a game based on Hong Kong movies you'd think starring Michelle Yeoh would be slapped all over the box.

I didn't realise Emma Stone or anyone of note was in there tbh.

Also Tom Wilkinson, Lucy Liu, James Hong + a handful of HK folks of note, if you note HK celebrities.

The Larch

New pic from the shooting of the Barbie movie.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 29, 2022, 06:09:53 AMI cannot wait.

:punk:
Quote from: The Larch on June 29, 2022, 05:55:02 AMNew pic from the shooting of the Barbie movie.  :lol:

I thought for a second that girl in the back was naked without clothes on
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

:lol:
I didn't notice. Now it's all I can see.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I really liked the latest episode of The Orville. Very heavy on the character drama, but overall very well done.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Rewatched The Untouchables just because. Some of it has aged poorly (Connery in particular, his character is good and has good dialogue, but he's truly awful) but it's still got a bunch of killer scenes, and a great cast and soundtrack. Hiring De Palma to do mainstream thrillers is one of the best things that happened in Hollywood in the 1980s-1990s:

- Carlito's Way
- Scarface
- The Untouchables
- Mission: Impossible

All stupidly fun movies.

Admiral Yi

Tried to watch The Man From Toronto.  Mistaken identity, Buddy Harrelson is the expert interogator for criminal hire, Kevin Hart doing Kevin Hart.  Gave up.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on July 01, 2022, 03:39:27 AMRewatched The Untouchables just because. Some of it has aged poorly (Connery in particular, his character is good and has good dialogue, but he's truly awful) but it's still got a bunch of killer scenes, and a great cast and soundtrack. Hiring De Palma to do mainstream thrillers is one of the best things that happened in Hollywood in the 1980s-1990s:

- Carlito's Way
- Scarface
- The Untouchables

All stupidly fun movies.
I love The Untouchables - it's very much a comfort film for me.

Recently discovered that Bob Hoskins was in line to play Capone, as de Niro was a bit touch-and-go, which I'd quite like to see :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2022, 03:56:05 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 01, 2022, 03:39:27 AMRewatched The Untouchables just because. Some of it has aged poorly (Connery in particular, his character is good and has good dialogue, but he's truly awful) but it's still got a bunch of killer scenes, and a great cast and soundtrack. Hiring De Palma to do mainstream thrillers is one of the best things that happened in Hollywood in the 1980s-1990s:

- Carlito's Way
- Scarface
- The Untouchables

All stupidly fun movies.
I love The Untouchables - it's very much a comfort film for me.

Recently discovered that Bob Hoskins was in line to play Capone, as de Niro was a bit touch-and-go, which I'd quite like to see :ph34r:

What's your opinion on Connery's portrayal of the Irish people?  :P

Sheilbh

:lol: I feel like all films where Connery plays someone not Scottish need (CW) tags.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

I always wondered what it would sound like if he tried to do an accent :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

That's the thing with The Untouchables - I think he is trying to do an Irish one :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!