Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

There are dudes and there are dudes.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: The Brain on June 16, 2022, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2022, 09:26:54 AMGave up on Vice too, watched Operation Mincemeat.

British op to float a corpse ashore in Spain with documents suggesting Greece was invasion target, not Sicily.

Meh +.  Nice cast*, nice production values.  Script not great, especially in the romantic plot line.  And they certainly overcooked the importance of the operation IMO.  Nothing I've read suggests that Allied deception had any material effect on the Sicily invasion, in contrast to Normandy.

*Maybe I've mentioned this before, but it does seem like there are about 40 character actors total who cycle endlessly through every single British movie made.

Romantic plotline? Dude's a corpse, right?

he identifies as alive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 16, 2022, 01:01:06 PMRomantic plotline? Dude's a corpse, right?

Nah, just a stiff.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

As dead romantic leads go, he slots in between Dracula (less charisma) and Bernie (better dress sense).
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Larch

Is anyone following whatever it is that is happening with Ezra Miller?

Darth Wagtaros

Miller seems to have looked at other celebrities self-destructing and decided on a go big or go home approach.
PDH!

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on June 16, 2022, 01:01:06 PMRomantic plotline? Dude's a corpse, right?

you never saw Weekend at Bernie's and it's wonderful sequel?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2022, 09:05:34 AM

Not a huge Bernie fan. Isn't he technically alive?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on June 17, 2022, 09:09:05 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 17, 2022, 09:05:34 AM

Not a huge Bernie fan. Isn't he technically alive?

I don't know. I was stoned when I saw it. I always thought he was dead, no?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Larch on June 17, 2022, 07:24:48 AMIs anyone following whatever it is that is happening with Ezra Miller?

Who?

The Larch

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 17, 2022, 09:47:10 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 17, 2022, 07:24:48 AMIs anyone following whatever it is that is happening with Ezra Miller?

Who?

Guy who plays Flash in the DC movies.

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 17, 2022, 09:47:10 AM

Who?

The Flash in the DC movies.
Googled him and he vaguely rings a bell.
Wow what a kook.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

The Other Boleyn Girl.   :zzz

Mission Impossible 4. :zzz

Eddie Teach

Maybe your couch was just really comfortable?

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2022, 09:50:01 PMThe Other Boleyn Girl.   :zzz

Not even Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman in frilly dresses can save it?