News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:41:24 PMWhile I'd ordinarily agree with you, what they changed was a flag patch on Maverick's jacket. Not a big deal.

It's the Japanese and ROC flags, for fuck's sake. Our fucking allies. Not a big deal. Suck more Wolf Warrior cock, you simp.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2022, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:00:54 PMReviews are out for Top Gun 2, and they're... really good?

Another film production, specifically altered to appease the motherfucking People's Republic of student-killing China. Fuck them.

I'll give my money to Tom for his little Scientology hobby every now and then, but fuck Paramount for sucking Beijing cock for the sake of their market. Of all the fucking people.

I love you man

celedhring

Spain has offered to host Eurovision next year if Ukraine wins and it's unable to hold the festival in 2023.

Note that Spain has had an ostensible "we don't want to organize this" policy going for decades. I suppose that they ultimately count on that the Ukrainians will rather chose a country closer to them.

Josquius

Ukraine winning is a fait accompli right?

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:00:54 PMReviews are out for Top Gun 2, and they're... really good?

Is this why they've been sitting on this movie for over two years?  It was originally going to be released summer 2019 but delayed to further work on the film.  But then it was going to be released June 2020, but has repeatedly been delayed.  A lot of other movies just went with VOD releases but no, they waited covid out for Top Gun 2 of all things.

During a advert break on TV they played this, taking up the entire 3 minute break. Madness.

Honestly I thought it had came out already a few years ago.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Fun fact, I never saw Top Gun until my 30s.

My parents always had a bit of a prude approach to movies, so they never took me to films with violent/war themes. The movie was a smash among my friends, of course. One of them ultimately got it on VHS and memorized it by heart, scene by scene, line by line. He and his cousin would reenact most of the movie scenes during recess, and that's how I knew the plot and never felt the urge to actually watch it once I was able to  :P

The Larch

I've never seen Top Gun either, even to this day.  :P

There's something about Tom Cruise that really drives me away from his films.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DZXPdoGHL4

Whenever Top Gun comes up I have to post this clip.  I love this scene.  Totally forget which movie it's from, which I think I've seen.  I think some kind of unemployed actor bumming around Hollywood flick.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2022, 02:14:27 AMSpain has offered to host Eurovision next year if Ukraine wins and it's unable to hold the festival in 2023.

Note that Spain has had an ostensible "we don't want to organize this" policy going for decades. I suppose that they ultimately count on that the Ukrainians will rather chose a country closer to them.

Trying to earn brownie points for free?  :hmm:  Maybe they want to split the costs if it goes through, or just want to offer it without counting on the offer being accepted.

celedhring

For reference:

Azerbaijan  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2022, 04:05:12 AMFor reference:

Azerbaijan  :lol:

That's what happens when an oil-fueled authocracy does a big international event.  :P

A good friend of mine who is a singer actually took part in that year's edition as a member of the Spanish delegation, and she told that every participant was given a present that featured a bauble filled with actual oil as a memento for the event.

The Qatar WC is going to be hideously glitzy...

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2022, 03:42:37 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DZXPdoGHL4

Whenever Top Gun comes up I have to post this clip.  I love this scene.  Totally forget which movie it's from, which I think I've seen.  I think some kind of unemployed actor bumming around Hollywood flick.
OK, that is awesome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2022, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:41:24 PMWhile I'd ordinarily agree with you, what they changed was a flag patch on Maverick's jacket. Not a big deal.

It's the Japanese and ROC flags, for fuck's sake. Our fucking allies. Not a big deal. Suck more Wolf Warrior cock, you simp.

I guess it's a good thing you never tried to watch the Red Dawn remake. It would have been a real rape of your childhood.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2022, 07:51:53 AMI guess it's a good thing you never tried to watch the Red Dawn remake. It would have been a real rape of your childhood.

Oh, I did.  But I already knew that it was a mess in post-production, since they spent the better part of three years after filming attempting to cut and paste DPRK stuff over the PLA stuff.  Good grief.  What the fuck ever.

It was also hilarious to see that it was supposed to take place in Spokane, Washington. Sorry, but the local gendarmes would be too busy nightsticking the homeless and locking up migrant workers to worry about a red Norf Korean invasion--we've got a brown one to worry about! Because the real Axis of Evil is Seattle, Portland and San Francisco! Kim Jong-Un is baby shit compared to Nancy Pelosi! Time to deport all these Mexicans back to Africa!

Fun Seedy Film Fact:  Best movie filmed in Spokane? Vision Quest. Besides, downtown Spokane hasn't changed all that much since 1983.

Syt

In my Breaking Bad rewatch I've come to season 2's Better Call Saul, where we first meet everyone's favorite Albuquerque criminal lawyer.

I had forgotten that he said already in his first appearance that his real name is McGill. And his own show ties in quite nicely - when Walt and Jesse abduct him and try to scare him into helping them, Saul thinks they're cartel thugs and shouts, "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" When he realizes they're not cartel he adds, "Lalo didn't send you?"

I like how, with where BCS stands right now, this dialogue fits in extremely well with the events of that show. It was probably just a random line meant to indicate that a) he's a coward when he's really scared and will blame others, and b) may be dealing with/have pissed off some really bad guys.

And in the context of BCS's last season raises the question: does Lalo die? And if yes, does Saul know (I guess he could think that he had told people in advance to after him if he dies)? It also gives an idea how close BCS's timeline is now towards the start of Breaking Bad.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Amazing thread on the Russian media's meltdown over not being in Eurovision :lol:
https://twitter.com/irgarner/status/1525482730699509762?s=21&t=DFigvRyUXA9h0xBbfBRlhw

Particularly enjoyed the suggestion that they should nuke Eurovision :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!