News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Is Russia banned from the reindeer games?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 11, 2022, 06:19:44 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 11, 2022, 05:21:03 PMRight, it's Eurovision time 😄
I am hyped :blush:

Watching Semi final 1 right now. No spoiler.

Is there anyway where Ukraine doesn't win this?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 11, 2022, 06:40:45 PMIs there anyway where Ukraine doesn't win this?

They could literally send some dude to fart and burp on stage and they'd still win this year's edition.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 11, 2022, 06:40:45 PMIs there anyway where Ukraine doesn't win this?
No. I think they definitely will. They have a great song and Eurovision is always a little bit political but I imagine the reception for Ukraine will be huge this year. Just like Conchita Wurst after Russia's LGBT laws, or the Ukrainian entry after the 2014 invasion.

Though on Ukrainian entries - I really, really liked the Go_A one that got withdrawn because of the (maybe) illegal trips to Crimea. I think Go_A are doing the Ukrainian scores though because of the maybeness of whether they were illegal or not.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2022, 06:47:29 PMThey could literally send some dude to fart and burp on stage and they'd still win this year's edition.
Yeah that's fair. But weirdly the big polticial statement wins - like Conchita and Jamala have also had cracking songs and I think they've got a good song.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 11, 2022, 06:52:31 PMThough on Ukrainian entries - I really, really liked the Go_A one that got withdrawn because of the (maybe) illegal trips to Crimea.

I was not aware of them having to withdraw at any point. Aren't you mistaking them with somebody else?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2022, 07:38:31 PMI was not aware of them having to withdraw at any point. Aren't you mistaking them with somebody else?
Yes - you're right. It wasn't Go_A though I got them mixed up it was Alina Pash.

It was Alina Pash and super shady because I think there were some rumours of dodginess about the voting. But then Pash had to withdraw anyway because of allegations she'd travelled to Crimea unlawfully - basically Ukrainians could go to Ukraine if they went through the land border (I think twice a year), but they couldn't travel to Ukraine via Russia. There were allegations she did, which she couldn't disprove.

Her agent produced some documents showing she travelled overland but it turned out they were fraudulent. But reporters said that actually loads of people used fake documents because it took ages to get them. Which is why it's just all very confusing and a little shady especially with the vote fixing allegations before all the travel stuff.

Though still really liked her entry :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

We Own This City is playing on HBO.  Ah, the BPD.  Reputation:  warranted.

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 11, 2022, 09:24:16 AMOn the plus side, the meth appears to have softened his wrinkles.  :P

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2022, 08:30:34 PMWe Own This City is playing on HBO.  Ah, the BPD.  Reputation:  warranted.

I plan to watch this. Who's playing you?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2022, 12:57:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2022, 08:30:34 PMWe Own This City is playing on HBO.  Ah, the BPD.  Reputation:  warranted.

I plan to watch this. Who's playing you?

I portray Officer "Oh This Is Some Bullshit, I'm Out."  Uncredited.

Barrister

Reviews are out for Top Gun 2, and they're... really good?

Is this why they've been sitting on this movie for over two years?  It was originally going to be released summer 2019 but delayed to further work on the film.  But then it was going to be released June 2020, but has repeatedly been delayed.  A lot of other movies just went with VOD releases but no, they waited covid out for Top Gun 2 of all things.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:00:54 PMReviews are out for Top Gun 2, and they're... really good?

Another film production, specifically altered to appease the motherfucking People's Republic of student-killing China. Fuck them.

I'll give my money to Tom for his little Scientology hobby every now and then, but fuck Paramount for sucking Beijing cock for the sake of their market. Of all the fucking people.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 12, 2022, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2022, 04:00:54 PMReviews are out for Top Gun 2, and they're... really good?

Another film production, specifically altered to appease the motherfucking People's Republic of student-killing China. Fuck them.

I'll give my money to Tom for his little Scientology hobby every now and then, but fuck Paramount for sucking Beijing cock for the sake of their market. Of all the fucking people.

While I'd ordinarily agree with you, what they changed was a flag patch on Maverick's jacket. Not a big deal.

Even still - will the movie even get released in China?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.