News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I can't believe TNT is bringing Dallas back to the airwaves as a new show...continuing where the old one left off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on June 05, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
Starbuck being remade in the US, with Vince Vaughn as a star.  It should work :)
http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/05/08/vince-vaughn-vying-to-star-in-starbuck-remake/

I saw the original last week-end.  Overall, a funny movie, despite weaker moments.

God, I hope they don't make Starbuck a girl in this re-imaging.

[spoiler]It's funny cause it's about a spermdonor[/spoiler]
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2012, 03:52:22 PM
I can't believe TNT is bringing Dallas back to the airwaves as a new show...continuing where the old one left off.
I can believe anything when it comes to the lameness of Hollywood.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 05, 2012, 05:49:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2012, 03:52:22 PM
I can believe anything when it comes to the lameness of Hollywood.

I guess so but they aren't even doing a reboot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

The original was just a dream anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 05, 2012, 08:32:26 PM
The original was just a dream anyway.
I wonder if it was the same dream as Saint Elsewhere.
PDH!

katmai

Open Range. Who was it that was dismissing it the other day?
after watching
The Longest Day earlier/
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on June 06, 2012, 06:03:50 PM
Open Range. Who was it that was dismissing it the other day?

I don't think anyone has dismissed Open Range.  The debate was whether it was a great Western or a decent Western.

Duque de Bragança

Prometheus

Notwithstanding the high price (IMAX 3D for you) intriguing despite the high expectations.
Some questions may have been answered but more appeared. I can't help but think the ending was a bit rushed and not exactly matching like The Brain said(director's cut for the video release?) and  one of the subplots could  perhaps have been trimmed.
It also felt a bit like a variation on Alien at times as well. Visually, it's magnificent. Despite the use of CGI, it never felt too much digital.
Might rewatch it during the Fête du Cinéma if I have time.

PS: I feel like rewatching Alien now  :hmm:

Ideologue

Holy shit, dudes!  G.I. Joe is on the instant watch.  Go check it out.  This I command.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ideologue on June 08, 2012, 03:21:54 AM
Holy shit, dudes!  G.I. Joe is on the instant watch.  Go check it out.  This I command.
It's been on there for a few weeks now.  Initially they taunted us by only have the first 8 or so episodes available.  Also, the new GI Joe cartoon is actually decent and on there as well.  Nice little random easter eggs for fans of the original, including the new Duke character's parents being voiced by the people who played Duke and Scarlett in the original series.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Queequeg

My So-Called Life.

Seriously wonderful.  One of my favorite shows.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

viper37

Quote from: Viking on June 05, 2012, 04:05:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 05, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
Starbuck being remade in the US, with Vince Vaughn as a star.  It should work :)
http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/05/08/vince-vaughn-vying-to-star-in-starbuck-remake/

I saw the original last week-end.  Overall, a funny movie, despite weaker moments.

God, I hope they don't make Starbuck a girl in this re-imaging.

[spoiler]It's funny cause it's about a spermdonor[/spoiler]
Starbuck comes from this guy here:

This bull was the proud father of 46 sons and 43 200 daughters.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

And a couple of geneticaly modified clones.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.