And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Liep on September 11, 2020, 08:16:29 AM
Quote from: frunk on September 11, 2020, 08:10:01 AM

Haven't seen the Spider-Man movies or Captain Marvel.

Skip Spiderman and watch Captain Marvel. She's much better in it than in her scenes in End Game

It's mostly dependent on if it shows up on a streaming service I subscribe to.  Since the Marvel/Netflix deal has fallen through it'll probably be awhile before I see it.

Grey Fox

The MCU Spiderman are good.

Marvel is fine, it's better if you've seen all of the other MCU movies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

I didn't even watch the Ultron one and I don't think I've missed anything. Before the first Avengers movie I watched the whole Phase One movies almost religiously at the cinema, but after that they just didn't grab my attention that much. I only went to the cinema for Captain America 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy in Phase Two, and for Phase Three I only went to the cinema for Dr. Strange.

I guess I will watch sooner or later some of them on tv (Civil War, Black Panther, Guardians 2, Captain Marvel, the new Spiderman ones...), but I'm not going out of my way for it.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 11, 2020, 01:45:31 AM
I gave up when the rebels decided they needed to reestablish the exam system.

Didn't like the more complex story line that didnt go with the happily ever after message?

Eddie Teach

You're fucking hilarious. Sure, explain away poor writing as "complexity".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 11, 2020, 10:00:54 AM
You're fucking hilarious. Sure, explain away poor writing as "complexity".

I think you may have missed the theme of the show.

Eddie Teach

It was a gimmick. Reusing it shows they had no idea where to go.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 11, 2020, 10:20:24 AM
It was a gimmick. Reusing it shows they had no idea where to go.

The arbitrary selection of the fortunate was the theme of the show, not a gimmick.

Why did you think the show is called, the 3%?

Sheilbh

Into the Spiderverse is possibly the best of all the superhero films - it's so good.

I also loved Ragnarok.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 11, 2020, 10:48:27 AM
Into the Spiderverse is possibly the best of all the superhero films - it's so good.

I also loved Ragnarok.

Yeah, I wasn't counting it as a "Marvel" film, but it is a fantastic movie. My favorite superhero film of the 2010s.

Josquius

Mulan- they're so dedicated to the Chinese movie aesthetic they even made sure the special effects looked suitably  awful. Meh.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Started watching the Dune trailer, but didn't make it past the "crusade" bit. What's up with that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on September 11, 2020, 03:03:13 PM
Started watching the Dune trailer, but didn't make it past the "crusade" bit. What's up with that?

Yeah I didn't like that either. At least say war, at least that's neutral.

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on September 10, 2020, 09:35:39 AM
Tenet

So I really liked it. I am left with a few questions and will have to see it again and then maybe watch someone smarter talk about it on YouTube, but for now it was very entertaining and had an interesting plot.

Worst part was Brannagh's Russian accent.

My son (14) went to see it and came back saying "In comparison, Inception seems Karate Kid".

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 11, 2020, 02:15:19 PM
Mulan- they're so dedicated to the Chinese movie aesthetic they even made sure the special effects looked suitably  awful. Meh.

I thought it looked horrid in the previews but damn this Chinese youtuber, who really liked the animated film and the original poem, really rips the shit out of this remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccG-wtt5FA
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."