News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

[random British actor] verb object.  [another random British actor] verb object.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2020, 06:00:54 PM
[random British actor] verb object.  [another random British actor] verb object.
None of the Chrises are British :P

But yeah I associate David Thewlis with like social realist British drama, character roles in big American films and, inevitably, Harry Potter. It's very weird seeing him pop up as a splashy comic book film as a relatively big character :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Managed to make it about 20 minutes into He's Just Not That Into You.  Lame ass rom-com with all star ensemble cast.  A lot of big names must have found themselves unemployed at the same time.  The odd element of the movie is that it's set in a yuppified gentrifying Baltimore.  I thought that place had fully Detroited long ago.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2020, 02:15:34 AM
Managed to make it about 20 minutes into He's Just Not That Into You.  Lame ass rom-com with all star ensemble cast.  A lot of big names must have found themselves unemployed at the same time.  The odd element of the movie is that it's set in a yuppified gentrifying Baltimore.  I thought that place had fully Detroited long ago.

It's a movie! Baltimore hasn't been nuked either.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2020, 02:15:34 AM

Really HOTTTT ScarJo in that one.

celedhring

Went on and forced me to finish the last season of Man in the High Castle. There's a few ideas (like the Black Communist Rebellion) that should have been in the show since season 1 (it is really weird that you neve hear of them until now), but overall it feels like a rushed and poorly constructed last season. It never felt like this show had any direction, since a lot of the visions and foreshadowing seen in previous seasons end up leading nowhere or are wrapped up poorly.

Now that Amazon has another nazi-themed show to ruin (Hunters) I guess it's time to wave John Smith goodbye.

viper37

Britannia is on CBC Gem (streaming).  Highly recommended. :)

It mixes history with supernatural, demons&druids&magic.  Great tv show :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Threviel

I hear it's even better than Vikings.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on March 06, 2020, 12:16:58 PM
I hear it's even better than Vikings.
It's a very different show.  There's a lot less fights than in Vikings, despite this being a conquest of Britain by the Romans.

I don't know how to describe this, I've never seen something quite like this.  And I'm afraid of spoilers...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Oh, a new season of Castelvania. That's a fun show.

mongers

Is the recent Terminator film worth a viewing? :unsure:

edit:
Never mind, I watched it;my review:

'Terminator Dark Fate' - Good if you don't have high expectations

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2020, 07:40:58 PM
Is the recent Terminator film worth a viewing? :unsure:

edit:
Never mind, I watched it;my review:

'Terminator Dark Fate' - Good if you don't have high expectations

I think I prefered the one with Christian Bale, Terminator Salvation.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on March 06, 2020, 11:50:38 PM
Terminator Salvation.

Bleh

The setup had so much potential.