And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 22, 2019, 04:12:55 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2019, 02:48:51 AM
The Blacklist has gone full retard with last week's episode. 

Is it still 2013?  :huh:
It's not the greatest of show, there are countless shows better than this, but I find it enjoyable enough to watch on a regular basis.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2019, 04:30:37 AM
Watchmen is awesome. I was kinda getting worried that the racial storyline and the themes/storyline from the comic felt really separate from each other, but they are kinda bringing them together now, and it works.

That last episode was so good. Possibly the best episode of television I've seen this year.

As an aside, if you're not watching the Watchmen ( ;) ) you're doing 2019 wrong. It's the best thing on television right now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

I'm not watching it because I'm waiting on a nice block of episodes to binge. :smarty:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Kinda wish I had done the same thing. Now I'm sitting every day angrily waiting for Sunday night to roll around  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Yeah, I definitely made that mistake with The Mandalorian. I'm not even enjoying that show very much, but I'm annoyed I can't watch more to see if it gets better.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on November 26, 2019, 10:55:01 AM
Yeah, I definitely made that mistake with The Mandalorian. I'm not even enjoying that show very much, but I'm annoyed I can't watch more to see if it gets better.

Nah, I much prefer the once a week format.  It gives you time to savor the episode.  To talk about it with friends.  To read articles, discuss on the internet.  Wonder where its going.

When a series drops as a whole, then you can only really talk about it once you're done watching the whole thing (to risk having some plot twist being spoiled).  I feel rushed to watch the whole thing so that you can participate in those kinds of discussions,
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I'm really enjoying the first episode of The Last Kingdom.  Danes vs. Anglo-Saxons.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2019, 04:31:33 AM
I'm really enjoying the first episode of The Last Kingdom.  Danes vs. Anglo-Saxons.

yeah, got onto that series about a year ago. Enjoyed it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2019, 11:18:32 AM

Nah, I much prefer the once a week format.  It gives you time to savor the episode.  To talk about it with friends.  To read articles, discuss on the internet.  Wonder where its going.

When a series drops as a whole, then you can only really talk about it once you're done watching the whole thing (to risk having some plot twist being spoiled).  I feel rushed to watch the whole thing so that you can participate in those kinds of discussions,

I'm on that boat too. As much as I love being able to binge a show, the watercooler talk aspect of it is lost a bit when they dump it all on you.

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on November 27, 2019, 11:05:13 AM
I found it rather meh.

That scene where Churchill boasted about how he defeated the Vikings ruined it.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on November 27, 2019, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2019, 11:18:32 AM

I'm on that boat too. As much as I love being able to binge a show, the watercooler talk aspect of it is lost a bit when they dump it all on you.

It all depends on whether you are in an active fandom for whatever show.

If you are, once a week is great.

If you aren't, binging is better.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 26, 2019, 09:44:33 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2019, 04:30:37 AM
Watchmen is awesome. I was kinda getting worried that the racial storyline and the themes/storyline from the comic felt really separate from each other, but they are kinda bringing them together now, and it works.

That last episode was so good. Possibly the best episode of television I've seen this year.

As an aside, if you're not watching the Watchmen ( ;) ) you're doing 2019 wrong. It's the best thing on television right now.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is [spoiler]that stupid video of Veidt confessing to his plan, which apparently it is something every congressman has access to, and which is something comic book-Veidt would absolutely never do. It also cheapens the role of Rorschach's diary.[/spoiler]

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2019, 11:27:59 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 27, 2019, 11:05:13 AM
I found it rather meh.

That scene where Churchill boasted about how he defeated the Vikings ruined it.

;)

ah...the scene in Verdunium
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2019, 04:31:33 AM
Loved that show - especially Alfred.

And I want them to do a spin off all about Aethelflaed :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!