News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Oh dear. So that one sucks then.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 01, 2019, 01:36:45 AM

Or losers read into things what they want and that review tells us nothing about the quality of the film?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

That's what I was thinking.

Admiral Yi

One episode of Black Mirror.  Two black yuppies on the down low in a video game.  Meh.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on September 01, 2019, 02:29:12 AM

Or losers read into things what they want and that review tells us nothing about the quality of the film?

That's my take.
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

Quote from: Syt on September 01, 2019, 03:09:17 AM

That's my take.

Yep.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2019, 03:02:18 AM
One episode of Black Mirror.  Two black yuppies on the down low in a video game.  Meh.

Definitely one of the lighter episodes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I did see someone looking at initial reviews saying this is going to be the incel Citizen Kane. Which looks about right.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Watched the first season of Mindhunter today. Really liking it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Watched the first two seasons of Glow. Entertaining enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

I've finally got around to watching Dark.
It does have a bloody slow start, not helped by the intolerable theme tune. And in early episodes in particular its a bit true to its name with awful lighting.
But it does get really quite good. Better than Stranger Things.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2019, 02:34:52 PM
I've finally got around to watching Dark.
It does have a bloody slow start, not helped by the intolerable theme tune. And in early episodes in particular its a bit true to its name with awful lighting.
But it does get really quite good. Better than Stranger Things.

I really liked both seasons.  Hope it gets a third.