News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Not everyone enjoys movie or Game of Thrones, it's ok.

Stop telling us about it. Next you'll tell us you are a Vegan?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2019, 08:23:04 AM
Not everyone enjoys movie or Game of Thrones, it's ok.

Stop telling us about it. Next you'll tell us you are a Vegan?

Yeah. The amount of people blaring to everyone that they don't watch XYZ or "don't get" ZYX is really annoying.

We get it. You're a unique and special flower.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

But it was Ok to pick on Fast and Furious. :mad:

(I never watched any of those either).

But I'm not a vegan. And I love GoT.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

F&F isn't some sort of cultural touchstone that everyone and their mother is watching and talking about. They're popcorn films.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on April 26, 2019, 07:48:21 AM
Am I the only person here who hasn't seen any of these Avenger movies you're talking about? 22? I missed them all.

I watched one.  :yeah: Syt can attest. :)

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2019, 09:11:16 AM
F&F isn't some sort of cultural touchstone that everyone and their mother is watching and talking about. They're popcorn films.

Neither are the Avenger flicks.  GoT, on the other hand...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

4 of the top 10 worldwide box office takes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Imposters. Fun little show. Uma is scary.

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 26, 2019, 03:01:59 PM
Imposters. Fun little show. Uma is scary.

I had a mega crush on her back in 87 or so.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2019, 09:11:16 AM

The Marvel movies are cultural touchstones? Really?

Could someone list them all? I am not sure I saw any of them. 22?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Avengers x4
Iron Man x3
Captain America x3
Thor x3
Ant-Man x2
Guardians x2
Dr Strange
Black Panther
Incredible Hulk
Spiderman x2

Duque de Bragança

Plus both Deadpool movies  (The first one being among the best of the whole bunch).

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 27, 2019, 12:38:42 PM
Plus both Deadpool movies  (The first one being among the best of the whole bunch).

That shit isn't part of it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 27, 2019, 11:59:22 AM
Avengers x4
Iron Man x3
Captain America x3
Thor x3
Ant-Man x2
Guardians x2
Dr Strange
Black Panther
Incredible Hulk
Spiderman x2

I think only one spiderman and then Captain Marvel is missing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

There's another about to be released.

I saw Captain Marvel last week.  :blush: