News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I also remember them being killed at Vazquez Rock by their robot doubles after they got inspired by watching the Star Trek episode where Kirk fights the Gorn.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Let's rock!!! BADADADADA
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2019, 10:06:13 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 22, 2019, 10:05:03 AM
The second was awful. I imagine the third might actually be good, but...

Bogus Journey was awesome. :mad:

It was alright, but not even close to being as good as the first movie.

As others have said, the best parts of the sequel was the scenes with Death.  My understanding is that Bill Sadler will be back as Death in the third one, which is good news.  The bad news is that it might be just a cameo.

The Brain

Will Granny S. Preston Esq. return? :ph34r:

Syt

Too bad George Carlin can't be part of this. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Bill and Ted use the telephone booth to travel into another universe where they have to defeat Neo and John Wick.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

But there no telephone booths anymore  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2019, 12:19:37 PM

Maybe they can use a police box?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on March 22, 2019, 12:19:37 PM

Not even in a museum?  :(

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2019, 04:09:37 PM
It has been so weird to see things that I figured by the late 80s were played out seem to keep coming back.
Well, Captain America fighting the Nazis has been there since the 40s, so...  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on March 21, 2019, 04:22:51 PM
I had GI Joes, Star Wars toys, Transformers... but I always thought He-Man was trash.  The accompanying cartoon was terrible, there was no coherent story behind him that made any kind of sense...

Now maybe it's because it came out in (I think) 1983, and at age 8 I'd already be ageing out of action figure toys, but in any event I have zero nostalgia for He-Man.
Never had toys like that.  Mostly Legos.  Tons of Lego bricks.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

He-Man, I have watched the cartoon a bit when I was a teen.  Somehow, even watching it once, even if it was very bad, the movie left more of an impression on me.

The Brain

I happened to watch episode 2 of the new Das Boot. Watching the old one over the years I always thought "this really needs more shore-based stuff and less U-boat stuff". So I was very pleased with the design decisions.

Threviel

Is it any good? I was considering it, but I don't know, the silly resistance stuff puts me off.

The Brain

Quote from: Threviel on March 24, 2019, 06:24:25 AM
Is it any good? I was considering it, but I don't know, the silly resistance stuff puts me off.

I found it a bit meh. The U-boat stuff seemed a little bit more juvenile than in the old one. The 'Allo 'Allo parts seemed pretty pointless. Jaqen H'ghar has Herr Flick was nice, but Helga didn't show enough stockings.