Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on November 05, 2018, 02:11:11 PM
Pop music is always shit to the previous generations

And some generations are right.  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2018, 12:34:24 PM
Meh. I do not think that is relevant. I am either wrong or I am correct. My age has nothing to do with it.
I think it is. You are further away from pop music and therefore think society is.

I agree that people consume music in a different fashion than they did in the past, but that doesn't mean pop is dead or anything near that.  I can't make any response to the notion that "it's position in society has changed" as that's a rather vague stance.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2018, 02:12:40 PM

Something that all generations think.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Solmyr on November 05, 2018, 10:16:06 AM
Latest episode of The Walking Dead was great! The series has really turned around since the last couple of seasons, I am looking forward to seeing more!

Yes, a big change in the series.  [spoiler] Now with Rick gone other people will become more prominent and the story will go in even more directions. The Rick Grimes story will continue though, with movies and other venues on AMC.
[/spoiler]

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2018, 01:55:17 PM
:lol:

V, I was in Toronto during their Nuit Blanche celebration.  Thousands of people walking through downtown Toronto taking in art of every form - lots of music being played throughout.  The predominant music was rap or some variant.  As a side note it was a lot of fun  :)

Is this directed to me? Viper's name also starts with 'V' :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2018, 02:27:07 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2018, 02:12:40 PM

Something that all generations think.

I don't know. When I came of age it was the late 80s, early 90s and kind of a weird time for music. The generations who looked down on that stuff were probably right.

None of that music really stays with me that much. Though I sort of miss the 'I touch myself' song.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

V, I was in Toronto during their Nuit Blanche celebration.  Thousands of people walking through downtown Toronto taking in art of every form - lots of music being played throughout.  The predominant music was rap or some variant.  As a side note it was a lot of fun  :)

Not to sound all hipsterish but nuit blanche used to better before. Too many damn people now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Is it so crowded that nobody goes there anymore?

HVC

Quiet you :P

Better as an experience.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

Apparently a Deadwood movie in 2019.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança

Nuit blanche ? Tempus fugit, last time I really attended one, at least in a couple of neighborhoods was 10 years ago or so. Plus memories of the very first one (2002).

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
None of that music really stays with me that much. Though I sort of miss the 'I touch myself' song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1btg3mpEOc
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Nuit blanche ? Tempus fugit, last time I really attended one, at least in a couple of neighborhoods was 10 years ago or so. Plus memories of the very first one (2002).

Never attended a Nuit Blanche.  Never wanted to anyway.  :P

I've had a lot of fun at Heavy Montreal this summer though.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Wow, Viper saying a nice thing about Montréal, for once.  :P

viper37

une fois n'est pas coutume ;)

parking at 40$/day on top of the hotel room... that wasn't fun :(