Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 02, 2017, 07:29:11 PM
:lol:  "At this time, the rescue has become a recovery operation."

Sorry, bro.

Oh jeez the paper cuts alone
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

The horror...the horror.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2017, 07:29:55 PM
:lol:

Yeah, that was real uncomfortable shit when they found you, after I convinced your wife to move on.  I SUPPOSE ILL BE GOING NOW

Ed Anger

:lol:

5 days married and bitch deserted me.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on April 02, 2017, 07:06:54 PM
I didn't even know the actress was Asian, I thought she was Hispanic.

But she's also not a lead character on a new show, so I dont think the comparison holds exactly.

She's French-Cambodian. She's not the lead, but she was the main romance interest in season 2 so it's hardly a throwaway character. I won't do spoilers but her story is actually pretty tied to Iron Fist's.

I understand what you mean, sometimes you can't win with some of these issues, but it helps if you're telling a good story, with a good character. Another recent example is Doonie Yen's character in Rogue One, which is a walking Asian stereotype, in an universe where Asia doesn't even exist :hmm: yet it didn't draw any significant flak. 

Syt

Welcome to ... err ... 1990-something?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on April 03, 2017, 09:39:33 AM
Welcome to ... err ... 1990-something?

Welcome to Lack of Imaginationland!

Syt

Just remember that there's a whole generation of people out there for whom The Simpsons have always existed, and who were often born after the show's creative zenith. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 03, 2017, 11:24:35 AM
Just remember that there's a whole generation of people out there for whom The Simpsons have always existed

That's basically me. I wasn't really old enough to be aware of it when it first debuted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Fantastic Beasts- fun little movie, perhaps even more than any of the Hogwarts ones.
Passengers- passable scifi, the best part was Michael Sheen.
Nocturnal Animals- probably would have been better as just a movie about the ex's book, the "real world" drama wasn't that interesting. No Adaptation, for sure.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Yeah I enjoyed Fantastic Beasts as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2017, 11:57:25 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 03, 2017, 11:24:35 AM
Just remember that there's a whole generation of people out there for whom The Simpsons have always existed

That's basically me. I wasn't really old enough to be aware of it when it first debuted.
Similar.
Apparently I was a fan before I had even seen it.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Iron Fist, real dialogue Episode 8

[spoiler]Claire: Have you considered that your plan sucks?
Danny: It doesn't suck.
Colleen: That's kinda harsh, Claire.[/spoiler]

:bleeding:

[spoiler]And then she agrees to take part[/spoiler]

:bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.