News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2016, 12:38:00 PM
So, my fun with Archer is coming to an end and the next season of Bo Jack Horseman is also few months away. Assume I have been living under a rock. What shows should I watch next (Netflix original or not)?

Perhaps Sherlock with Cumberbatch and Bilbo?

Sherlock's great, although I feel it gets progressively too self-indulgent.

Eddie Teach

Daredevil. Fargo.

I just finished 11.22.63. Pretty interesting; end was a bit of a let-down, like most time travel fiction.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Well, it seems like Veep and Game of Thrones are both premiering this week, so I may be fine one way or another.

Josquius

Deadpool- Very 4th wall breaky. Its alright. Though seems a bit...I don't know. Low budget. Silly. The only two x-men thing was mad. Funny moments aplenty.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2016, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2016, 12:38:00 PM
So, my fun with Archer is coming to an end and the next season of Bo Jack Horseman is also few months away. Assume I have been living under a rock. What shows should I watch next (Netflix original or not)?

Perhaps Sherlock with Cumberbatch and Bilbo?

Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt.  Season 2 just dropped last week.

It may not be gritty/sarcastic enough for you, but it has a ton of gay content, so you might like it.  Plus it's very good.

I felt like Season 2 was a bit harder for me to slog through.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2016, 07:21:11 AM
Deadpool- Very 4th wall breaky. Its alright. Though seems a bit...I don't know. Low budget. Silly. The only two x-men thing was man. Funny moments aplenty.

It is low budget (for superhero movie standards, that is).

KRonn

Game of Thrones this weekend, and 12 Monkeys season started this week.

Josquius

Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2016, 09:01:31 AM
Game of Thrones this weekend, and 12 Monkeys season started this week.
Did 12 Monkeys pick back up?
I thought the first few episodes were good then it sort of trailed off.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

It's taking a new turn, more turmoil and people trying to control the machine in future. The two brothers are back working together. Seems ok, so far liking what's going on in the first episode.

Admiral Yi

Rocky was just on.  I'm going to say best on-screen kiss ever.

celedhring

Macbeth with Fassbender and Cotillard. It was... okay I guess? Best thing was Fassbender's performance; he's really great in it. The film in itself is good, but not really memorable for a story that has already been put on screen many times by some legendary filmmakers.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

I'm obsessed with the really dark chick in orange outfit in Herod's song in Jesus Christ Superstar. :wub:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

The black chick in the blonde wig, far left?  How progressive of you, B.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.