News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 14, 2016, 11:31:23 PM
Marina wasn't bad, but I thought Gates McFadden's MILFness was far more overpowering.  :blush:

:lol:

MadImmortalMan

Season 4 DS9.

I watch these mostly when my wife is out of town like now. Reminds me of that time in our lives when I was working 12 hour days at Compaq and half my income was paying her student loans. I would come home through the Houston humidity fog to our one bedroom apartment overlooking the FM1960 mall at seven and watch it on Wednesday night while eating whatever hamburger helper she made. Doesn't sound that great, but for some reason I think of it fondly.

Thankfully, we both learned to cook. I think she isn't proud of that time , so it isn't quite so nostalgic for her. Can't really blame her. Hamburger helper is gross.

Anyway, was this the first same-sex kiss on network television? I seem to remember that it was. Dax and her worm ex wife.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2016, 05:20:46 AM
Anyway, was this the first same-sex kiss on network television? I seem to remember that it was. Dax and her worm ex wife.

There was a lesbian kiss on LA Law a couple years before DS9 debuted.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 14, 2016, 11:31:23 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2016, 04:00:47 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 14, 2016, 02:02:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2016, 01:09:04 PM
Nah, it's set afetr the original movies, so the uniform will be the monster maroon.

Could be. I know they ditched the dresses and went to pajamas early in TNG though.

Marina Sirtis :blush:

Wonder if she could sense what I felt when she wore that mini skirt

Marina wasn't bad, but I thought Gates McFadden's MILFness was far more overpowering.  :blush:

Don't disagree...but I don't think she wore the mini skirt.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

So excited that Orphan Black is now showing on weekly basis on Netflix in UK. :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Watched "Amy". Great film, the material in there is incredible in the access it gives you to the character. Wasn't aware that her lyrics so directly and transparently reflected episodes of her real life.

I loved how they avoided going the "talking head" route too. It's always her on the film.

Admiral Yi

Watched about 10 minutes of Lucy.  Scarlett Johansen does super shit with her super mind.  Action sequence was good, Korean speaking villains was cool, then the dialogue starts and it all turns to ridiculous nonsense.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2016, 03:31:17 AM
Watched about 10 minutes of Lucy.  Scarlett Johansen does super shit with her super mind.  Action sequence was good, Korean speaking villains was cool, then the dialogue starts and it all turns to ridiculous nonsense.

All that within 10 minutes?  Not bad at all, you hung in there longer than usual.

Admiral Yi

Switched to Swingblade.  Wonderful movie.  This time i noticed the long unedited shots of Lucas Black talking.  Fantastic performance by a little kid.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2016, 02:15:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2016, 03:31:17 AM

All that within 10 minutes?  Not bad at all, you hung in there longer than usual.

I'm not even sure Lucy gains her powers within the first 10 minutes.

Admiral Yi

My 10 minutes were somewhere in the middle.

Tonitrus

Martinus

So, my fun with Archer is coming to an end and the next season of Bo Jack Horseman is also few months away. Assume I have been living under a rock. What shows should I watch next (Netflix original or not)?

Perhaps Sherlock with Cumberbatch and Bilbo?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2016, 12:38:00 PM
So, my fun with Archer is coming to an end and the next season of Bo Jack Horseman is also few months away. Assume I have been living under a rock. What shows should I watch next (Netflix original or not)?

Perhaps Sherlock with Cumberbatch and Bilbo?

Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt.  Season 2 just dropped last week.

It may not be gritty/sarcastic enough for you, but it has a ton of gay content, so you might like it.  Plus it's very good.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.