News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Batman V Superman. I hate to say it, but I actually liked it.  :blush:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Brain

Quote from: Kleves on March 28, 2016, 08:04:27 AM
Batman V Superman. I hate today it, but I actually liked it.  :blush:

Bmo! :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Kleves

Quote from: The Brain on March 28, 2016, 08:08:18 AM
Batman V Superman. I hate today it, but I actually liked it.  :blush:

Bmo! :w00t:
Autocorrect has made incomprehensible foreigners of us all.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Liep

Batman V Superman. I hate to say it, but I actually liked it.  :blush:

All I've met who has watched it seem to have liked it, yet I have not read a review that's even close to being positive. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Average consensus around my friends is that it's mediocre, but not totally shit. I think I'm gonna pass until it hits video.

Savonarola

I finished the first season of Star Wars: Rebels.  If I were the Emperor I would make two new rules:

1.)  Anyone caught in possession of a laser slingshot would be subject the agony booth
2.)  Anyone caught in possession of pink Boba Fett armor would be executed.  We'd have a little celebration afterward with cake an orange juice and maybe some office recognition awards.   :)

I had some grave misgivings about this.  For one thing the title makes me think:  My mom set my curfew at ten; that's totally Sith I'm going to stay in my room and write poetry that expresses my pain.  Further the early episodes are silly and street urchin Luke Skywalker starts out as simply annoying.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the episodes become more sophisticated as the season progressed.  There were still some duds along the way; the one where pink Boba Fett and Captain Hera exchange "Witty" quips while the giant bats prepare to devour them was painful; but season finale more than made up for that.

Sarcastic R2D2 is great; he's my favorite droid in the galaxy.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

I haven't seen season 2, but I agree, Rebels got much better towards the end of season 1. I can see why it is so successful. And the nasty droid is the best character in the show.

CountDeMoney

I bet you two assholes used to watch The Muppet Babies, too.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2016, 09:14:03 AM

When you're feeling (garbled) and wish that you weren't there, just close your eyes and make believe and you can be anywhere. Muppet babies, they'll do the same for you. Muppet babies, they'll make your dreams come true.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2016, 09:14:03 AM

I did.  :Embarrass:

I'm too young to have watched the proper Muppet Show when it was shown over here in the 70s. It was required viewing in my line of work (children programming) so I caught up eventually.

Fraggle Rock, now that rocked my world when it was on.

Savonarola

MY BIG FAT GRΣΣK WEDDING (2002)

I kept watching the credits thinking the Σ doesn't make an "E" sound that would be My Big Fat Grssk wedding.   :mad:

Even though it might be a little long on character actors and a little short on plot; it's a perfectly enjoyable rom-com.   :)

Neither CB's family nor mine is as ethnicky as the one in the film (the closest thing I have to ethnicity is my grandmother was born in Canada :Canuck:); but CB's grandparents did come from Glorious Mother Russia.  We went to St. Petersburg (the one in Holy Russia) for our honeymoon.  One day at breakfast I was chatting with a Russian Orthodox priest from Philadelphia who was leading a tour group.  As my wife walked in I introduced them and told him that CB's family was Russian Orthodox.

CB:  When I was growing up we went to St. Nicholas church on the north side of Detroit.
Father Nicholas:  Oh yes, I've been there; it's a nice church.  (turning to me) Are you Russian Orthodox too?
Savonarola:  Oh no, I'm Roman Catholic
Father Nicholas:  Oh... (very long pause)... well, that's nice too

It was just like being in a Dostoevsky novel.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

You getting pumped for part 2?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2016, 01:02:25 PM

What the hell? If there was ever a movie that did not need a sequel...or a spinoff TV series.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I think it came out this weekend in the US.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2016, 01:02:25 PM

23% on Rotten Tomatoes; that one looks like it can wait for the DVD release.