News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on January 01, 2012, 03:03:39 AM
War Horse. Not the worst WWI movie ever, because The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles exists. Still, ten million people died in WWI: I don't give a shit that some whiny English kid temporarily lost his pony. Verdict: send it to the glue factory.

TYIJC was a TV show so War Horse is still in the running for worst WWI movie ever.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Kleves on December 31, 2011, 10:23:42 PM
There was a good one?  :huh:

If I'm thinking of the right movie, I thought the orignal was pretty taught in a Dr. Strangelove played straight kind of way.

Kleves

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2012, 03:26:08 AM
If I'm thinking of the right movie, I thought the orignal was pretty taught in a Dr. Strangelove played straight kind of way.
That's the one in which the US President bravely decides to nuke New York, instead of annihilating the Soviet Union, in order to court the anti-war vote, right? Lame. Thanks, Kennedy.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Viking on January 01, 2012, 03:12:59 AM
Quote from: Kleves on January 01, 2012, 03:03:39 AM
War Horse. Not the worst WWI movie ever, because The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles exists. Still, ten million people died in WWI: I don't give a shit that some whiny English kid temporarily lost his pony. Verdict: send it to the glue factory.

TYIJC was a TV show so War Horse is still in the running for worst WWI movie ever.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091963/

I only saw it once, in the theaters as a child and never found it again, and I remember loving it.  But I doubt it would hold up as well now. 
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Margin Call.  Fucking assholes.
Awesome cast.

Ideologue

Quote from: Kleves on January 01, 2012, 03:39:19 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2012, 03:26:08 AM
That's the one in which the US President bravely decides to nuke New York, instead of annihilating the Soviet Union, in order to court the anti-war vote, right? Lame. Thanks, Kennedy.

No kidding.  I think we should have bravely decided to nuke Edinburgh.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Not really a Kennedy composite.  More of an Adlai Stevenson.

And I would've hit Boston instead.

Ed Anger

New York for Moscow? good trade.

Down with hipsters.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2012, 05:09:21 PM
New York for Moscow? good trade.

Down with hipsters.

Fuck that, New York is way more important than Moscow ever was, not even close to an even trade.  Dirt for dirt.  Fenway gets glassed.

Admiral Yi

Can't tell if you're being serious.  :huh:

He nukes NYC so the nuking of Moscow won't set off mutual assured destruction.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2012, 05:30:00 PM

Can't tell if you're being serious.  :huh:

He nukes NYC so the nuking of Moscow won't set off mutual assured destruction.

Kleves is a Walter Matthau fan.

katmai

Should have nuked Baltimore. Fuck the Colts.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2012, 06:18:05 PM

In 1964?  No way.  1984?  Why not.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2012, 08:37:00 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2012, 06:18:05 PM
In 1964?  No way.  1984?  Why not.
Because nobody would notice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.