News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 01, 2015, 02:42:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken Blues Brothers was spun out of a skit.  Or maybe actually a musical performance.

yes, but that was classic SNL era stuff.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

A case could be made that the Mike Myers era was a 2nd golden age.

Ideologue

I wish he'd gotten that Sprockets movie off the ground.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 12:29:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 02, 2015, 10:13:13 AM
Have any of you seen Inside Out yet? I'm kinda surprised a new Pixar movie hasn't made more of an impression here.

<_<

Hey, if you have posted a review of it, I missed it. Link me!  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

It unites generations in hatred.

Seriously, I don't understand how it got made. Also, the girl volcano looks like the Wicker Man.
Kinemalogue

Malthus

Also, for those who have seen it:

[Spoiler]What kind of Island would the "crying in class" core memory make? The Island of Social Humiliation? The who plot of the movie revolves around Joy's decision to prevent that Island from forming by excluding that core memory - and we aren't told what it is (though presumably, they show it in the brief pan over her Islands a year later) [/spolier]

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2015, 01:59:49 PM
A case could be made that the Mike Myers era was a 2nd golden age.

Yes....although his movies got stupid too. I did like the original one....what was it called again? Wayne's World, that was pretty good, though he carried it. That Dana guy was horrible.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

The Island of Not Being a Baby.

I'm looking forward to the sequel where it turns out [spoiler]giving into Sadness is a signal of weakness and makes society despise you.[/spoiler]
Kinemalogue

Valmy

QuoteYes....although his movies got stupid too. I did like the original one....what was it called again? Wayne's World, that was pretty good, though he carried it. That Dana guy was horrible.

So I Married an Axe Murderer?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

That is a good movie.

I think he means the Austin Powerses, which I also really like. Well, mostly.
Kinemalogue

Valmy

I find it sweet you guys are trying not to spoil us on something you both have proclaimed one of the worst things to ever be made in the history of animated cinema. Are you worried we will not be able to fully suffer if we know the story?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

We're talking Inside Out, which is good.

The worst thing ever was Lava, the short preceding it. There's not really much to spoil about it.
Kinemalogue

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 02, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
The Island of Not Being a Baby.

I'm looking forward to the sequel where it turns out [spoiler]giving into Sadness is a signal of weakness and makes society despise you.[/spoiler]

:lol:

I was gonna say that the bit about [spoiler]Sadness being good for you because it signals others to come and give you unconditional support would not be very comforting to a lot of folks for whom no such support was likely ... [/spoiler]

One of the best laughs was at the end: [spoiler] something like 'Puberty button? What's that for? Oh well, it's probably not important ...' [/spoiler]