News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Just read a headline: "Child star from Star Wars arrested after car chase". Turns out the younger, not so annoying Anakin is now 26 and that Episode 1 came out 16 years ago.

Much older than I thought.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Killjoys is pretty good.  There's a lot of potential in this series, lots of budget to.  It will be interesting to see where it goes.
For now, we only follow 3 bounty hunters as they chase criminals accross their star system called The Quad.  There seems to be no aliens, only humans.  There's some intergalactic civil war brewing, wich our bounty hunters try to evade by staying neutral.
A review here
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Anybody watched the first episode of True Detective's new season already?

Berkut

Anyone watch Falling Skies?

Opinions?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

I watched all previous season & will catch this one too but FS is a very slow show & I believe it is better when being Binged watch so I will wait after a couple of weeks have passed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

I like how you binge wrote that sentence...

:D

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

:D

I do this so often, usually not deliberatery, I wonder if people will notice when I do.

PS. I didn't this time ;)

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on June 22, 2015, 08:51:43 AM
Anybody watched the first episode of True Detective's new season already?

Episode 1 was a bit disjointed as they introduced the backstory to the main characters.  Looks like it is going to be good.

Watched The Brink also.  It is hilarious. I Highly recommend this one.

Grey Fox

Anyone watched Ballers?

Savonarola

Nói Albinói (2003)

Noi is an albino living in a small town in Iceland.  He's an outsider and a disaffected youth.  His teachers are exasperated by his behavior and he has a strained relationship with his alcoholic father.  A new girl moves into town and they dream of running off together.

This works a little better than most teen coming of age stories.  The setting is the most significant factor; it gives a sense of isolation similar to the one the protagonist feels.  The ending is a deus ex machina; but there wasn't an obvious way to give the film a satisfying conclusion.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

I saw most of that flick.  The other Icelandic movie I saw was the one about the surfer's friend falling in love with his girlfriend.

derspiess

Wife & I started watching Wayward Pines.  Has my attention for the time being.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

How many episodes in are they on that? Mrs. Berkut was intrigued. She loves the Lost like kind of stuff.

0 rows returned

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."