TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Probably less repetitive and stupid.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

i can see why it blows.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on April 17, 2014, 05:30:34 PM
I loved it, but seeing it on a 3D screen is a big part of the appeal.

Yeah, I've seen a number of movies in IMAX theaters, but this one was probably the one the most benefited from it. It was rather amazing. And I'm not normally a fan of the 3D fad; on the contrary.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Merantau (2009).

QuoteGareth Evans and Iko Uwais' first foray into the wild and wooly world of martial arts cinema may wind up known to history principally for how it laid the groundwork for The Raid, but their Merantau is not just important for what it taught the two men: it is a vividly memorable success on its own terms.

Acts of killing, part III

B+

The Raid 2: Berandal

QuoteFinally responding to all those complaints that Merantau and The Raid simply had too much human feeling, Gareth Evans has removed as much as he could from The Raid 2.  With that caveat, however major, this sequel is everything you could have hoped for, contributing powerfully to what is already shaping up to be a truly excellent year in film.

Acts of killing, part IV

A
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2014, 07:11:23 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2014, 04:25:02 PM
Pacific Rim: Oh my  :huh:

Next time, read the box better.

Dude, that movie was bad.

Maybe the Assburger gen liked it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2014, 05:09:00 PM
The recent spree of Languishites watching Pacific Rim proves the show biz axiom that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I only caught  it because  was on HBO this last weekend.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

TV is showing Canadian rodeo. Sigh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Anyone remember a late 90s show called Cupid?  Rewatching it, loving it. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Ben Hur.

Chuck Heston. Enough said.

A-
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Of interest to me, and potentially my mother, the BBC have done a deal with Agatha Christie's estate for exclusive rights to do adaptations :o
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Goddamn this Hannibal show is amazing.  :o  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Queequeg

I've seen every episode multiple times but all I could think the entire episode was what the fuck am I watching?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

FunkMonk

OHGOD WHATS IN the horse????
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.