News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Looks like it was released on DVD though! Will need to find a place that carries it.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on April 17, 2014, 04:01:03 PM
Looks like it was released on DVD though! Will need to find a place that carries it.

Is there a Netflix equivalent in Europe?  I looked (for like a minute, admittedly) and it doesn't seem so. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

Is there a Netflix equivalent in Europe?  I looked (for like a minute, admittedly) and it doesn't seem so. :(

Well there is Netflix, if that counts.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Sadly there isn't. There's a couple of similar platforms in Spain, but with a much smaller catalogue, hence I don't subscribe to them.

Looked in a couple online rental places and Spanish iTunes and it's not there either :(

The DVD's €7,5 - might buy it if it's really that good.

Eddie Teach

The recent spree of Languishites watching Pacific Rim proves the show biz axiom that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

I only watched an appropriate Yi-like amount.

Josephus

thinking of watching Pacific Rim

Any good?

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Queequeg

I loved it, but seeing it on a 3D screen is a big part of the appeal. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

At 90 minutes Pacific Rim would've been pretty good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I kept waiting for Mac, Dennis and Sweet Dee to show up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on April 17, 2014, 04:53:25 PM

Sadly there isn't. There's a couple of similar platforms in Spain, but with a much smaller catalogue, hence I don't subscribe to them.

Looked in a couple online rental places and Spanish iTunes and it's not there either :(

The DVD's €7,5 - might buy it if it's really that good.

I don't want you Queequegging me later and complaining I made you waste your money, so while I would ultimately recommend the film, I would do so only if:

1)you like martial arts movies;
2)you like movies that are predominately action;
3)rapid camera movement doesn't bother you (I found it didn't bother me thanks to Gareth Evans' good eye, but I could still see it being an issue for some); and
4)seriously, you have to like martial arts movies that are predominately action. :P

It's a real cultural sensation, though.  Don't just take my word for it. :)
Kinemalogue

celedhring

I'm in luck, the public library network carries it :D

Don't ask me why, but they do. Just put in the order.

CountDeMoney