TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2014, 06:57:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2014, 06:49:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2014, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2014, 06:34:47 PM
I've eaten of his body and drank of his blood.

Papist scum <_<

No, just another Saturday night.

Despite suggestions via body glitter in Twilight & Grallon - gay people aren't vampires. <_<

No, because the vampyrocidal frequencies of sunlight are absorbed rather than scattered or reflected by the regolith on the moon. Same reason why street lights and desk lamps don't kill them either.

Another thing, regular refracted light (the stuff that goes around corners), which is identical to direct sunlight, should at least give suntans.

Why do vampires glitter? Because ghey mormon vampires used body glitter.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Scipio on April 15, 2014, 10:33:00 AM
The Sinatra Group asked the question, "Liz Taylor or Ava Gardner? Which would you rather do? I disqualify myself, because I nailed em both."

RIP, Phil Hartman.
Wouldn't he be most qualified to answer that question then?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 16, 2014, 03:26:03 AM
Quote from: Scipio on April 15, 2014, 10:33:00 AM
The Sinatra Group asked the question, "Liz Taylor or Ava Gardner? Which would you rather do? I disqualify myself, because I nailed em both."

RIP, Phil Hartman.
Wouldn't he be most qualified to answer that question then?

Shut up and catch a ferry, dumbass. 

And I believe it was Rita Hayworth, not Liz Taylor.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2014, 06:34:47 PM
I've eaten of his body and drank of his blood.

Okay, but where is the serial killers and ritual murder?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I just watched that skit again.

Milli vanilli, what's with this faggot crap?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Just watched The World's End. Was ready to like it a lot... and then I didn't.

It was a lot like Hot Fuzz (rural british village with a dark secret as a way to spoof action/sci-fi films), but more random and nonsensical. It has a lot of funny bits, mind, I just don't think it's as good and solid as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

Ed Anger

I've begun to tire of Simon Pegg.

Ed Anger

Spartacus

Kirk Douglas gets nailed.

A

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 15, 2014, 02:23:16 PM
Passion in the Desert. Hop. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Harvey. Donnie Darko.

I once watched Harvey in an asylum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2014, 10:00:20 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 15, 2014, 02:23:16 PM
Passion in the Desert. Hop. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Harvey. Donnie Darko.

I once watched Harvey in an asylum.

At least it wasn't Silence of the Lambs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

As previously noted, I've been working on a series due to the release of The Raid 2:

The Raid (2012).

Acts of killing, part I

A+

And, as I promised many moons ago:

Dredd (2012).

Acts of killing, part II

A (it's been upgraded!)

Long.  Duh.

Evans' and Uwais' first collaboration, Merantau, sometime later today or early tomorrow, and The Raid 2 soon thereafter when I get around to getting the pictures for it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Looks like I'll have to check The Raid, then. I don't think it even got a release over here.

Ideologue

It was a small theatrical release in the States as well (its worldwide box office was only $4mm--but apparently it was one of the bigger hits in Indonesia for its year).  Where it really blew up was on home video.

The Raid 2 did get a wide release last weekend, which was cool. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)