News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Picked up Das Boot and Black Hawk Down on Blu-ray.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Notice how he didn't state how much he paid?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on December 21, 2013, 09:43:24 PM
Notice how he didn't state how much he paid?

Fair enough, but I suspect that Das Boot was more than the nine bucks that you said was overpriced.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Watched Gravity. Thought it was OK. Straight to the point, anyways. Got going right away. Got a bit hokey here and there, but worth watching.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Altered States (1980).  Whoever directed the "Take On Me" video owes Ken Russel, like, at least twenty bucks.

A
Kinemalogue

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on December 21, 2013, 11:19:42 PM
Altered States (1980).  Whoever directed the "Take On Me" video owes Ken Russel, like, at least twenty bucks.

A

Steve Barron
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Steve Barron owes Ken Russel twenty bucks.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on December 21, 2013, 09:13:00 PM
Picked up Das Boot and Black Hawk Down on Blu-ray.

I could have given you das boot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

WTF is this shit?  I finished a movie review in three hours instead of eight?

The Jasper Johns of tonally confused tae kwon do

QuoteAnd yes, the title of this review is a direct reference to a line in this bad movie.

American Hustle (2013).  It was not better than The Conversation. -_-

C+
Kinemalogue

MadBurgerMaker

I just watch Pacific Rim, Elysium, and Man of Steel over the last couple days.  The fuckin giant robot movie might have been the best of all of them lolz

E:  It seems like the robots should have used swords more often

Razgovory

I'm watching Black Hawk Down on Netflix, and I have a question.  In the big hanger where all the soldiers hang out, they are having a pig barbecue, and a captain catches a Delta Force guy wandering around the hanger with his gun out with the safety off.  The captain tells the soldier put the safety on, and the solider just blows him off.  Is that the way it really works?  Do soldiers just go to eat at the mess with their guns out and the safety off?  When a captain tells an enlisted man to not do things like that, do the enlisted men just blow off the officers?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

IRL the officer would have been fired.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on December 23, 2013, 02:45:16 AMIn the big hanger where all the soldiers hang out

So that is why it's called a hanger and not a hangar anymore.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.