News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 01:05:40 AMYeah.... It's totally the Palestinians who are the genocidal ones here...

Going door to door slaughtering and abducting people, regardless of their age or combatant status seems pretty genocidal to me.
And an overwhelming majority of Palestinians approve of the Oct 7 attacks (85% or so IIRC).

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on Today at 05:00:06 AM
Quote from: Josquius on Today at 01:05:40 AMYeah.... It's totally the Palestinians who are the genocidal ones here...

Going door to door slaughtering and abducting people, regardless of their age or combatant status seems pretty genocidal to me.
And an overwhelming majority of Palestinians approve of the Oct 7 attacks (85% or so IIRC).

You try having your town bombed to hell every night and your kids starved to death and see how readily you agree with shit being thrown the other way.

But I see the point completely eluded you here.
Denying the Palestinian people even exist and insisting the very word is a slur is pretty damn far beyond the pale.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 06:12:56 AM

You try having your town bombed to hell every night and your kids starved to death and see how readily you agree with shit being thrown the other way.

You said they are not genocidal. I pointed out that's demonstrably untrue. We have seen what they do when they are let loose and they themselves have repeatedly put forward their support for those actions.

Part of the problem is we (as in the West) are constantly robbing Palestinians of their agency. They can and have chosen repeatedly to continue the war of 1948 rather than move on. And we need to acknowledge that.

QuoteBut I see the point completely eluded you here.
Denying the Palestinian people even exist and insisting the very word is a slur is pretty damn far beyond the pale.

I'm not particularly interested in what Otto said, which is why I cropped that quote.

grumbler

Arguing that it is only the Palestinians who "have chosen repeatedly to continue the war of 1948 rather than move on" robs Israelis of their agency.  Israeli has never stopped taking Palestinian land and has never compensated the Palestinians from whom they stole it.  That does not excuse Oct 7 nor the support Palestinians show for that gruesome act, but it does help explain it and helps us understand such support.  The Palestinians are frustrated beyond all of our comprehension of frustration, I think.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: Iormlund on Today at 06:30:29 AM
Quote from: Josquius on Today at 06:12:56 AM

You said they are not genocidal. I pointed out that's demonstrably untrue. We have seen what they do when they are let loose and they themselves have repeatedly put forward their support for those actions.

Part of the problem is we (as in the West) are constantly robbing Palestinians of their agency. They can and have chosen repeatedly to continue the war of 1948 rather than move on. And we need to acknowledge that.

QuoteBut I see the point completely eluded you here.

I'm not particularly interested in what Otto said, which is why I cropped that quote.

Yet my post means nothing without it. It is as a direct reply. Claiming a people are genocidal when he has the view not only shoukd they be wiped out but they don't even exist.
██████
██████
██████

OttoVonBismarck

You guys just need to stop using the word genocide, you do not know what it means, and you are using it as a means of creating a false narrative. No genocide is happening in Gaza, none is going to happen. The only remotely genocidal thing is the intention of Palestinians, who are genocidal by nature. But like a viper in a terrarium, they lack the means to inflict their injury on the Jews, at least at present (many posters in this thread hate that the Jews have the stronger military, and would happily cheer if the Arabs had a force capable of committing genocide.)

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has nothing to do with colonialism, it never had, and you should also quit making that claim.

It also has nothing to do with nationalism or national self determination--Palestinians are not a Nation, they are Arab nationality.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a simple land conflict, one in which both sides have historically valid claims to the land in question. However, that historical validity has to be analyzed through the lens of subsequent events.

Somewhere along the line, and I couldn't say precisely where--the Second Intifada is a decent choice, but you could go as late as October-7, the Palestinians lost any moral legitimacy to their land claim. Their claim should be viewed as intrinsically invalid. They have forfeited their just rights to the land due to their behavior. No different than Germany forfeiting its just rights to many of its Eastern territories due to its behavior in the 20th century.

Josquius

You're the one ridiculously throwing around  the word genocide  here....

And of course colonialism plays a huge rule. Dumb to argue otherwise.

Fuck your nations. The Palestinians are a people. Whether they're just a subgroup of Arabs or a seperate people is completely irrelevant and arbitrary.
Do Texans matter less because they're just a subtype of Americans ergo Mexico seizing Texas (daft theoretical yes) would be fine?

Trying to fight to defend your land doesn't invalidate your claim to the land.  Especially considering all those Palestinians who didn't fight in any conflict.

And Germany shouldn't have lost most of eastern territories post WW2. That was a fucked up action forced on the world out of the grim reality of needing to keep the Soviets happy.
Nazi genocide didn't make the genocide of the Eastern Germans OK.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Palestinians might not have been a nation in the 40's, but almost a century of conflict have no doubt made them one now.

Razgovory

Just like Luhansk and Donetsk people's republics.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017