Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2024, 03:09:00 AMOn the other hand a reading of the "cabinet reshuffle" is that a further shift to a war economy is planned. Which would indicate the Russian leadership is not nearly as assured of their victory as Western commentators reading their propaganda are.
Surely this would line up with a total victory too?
Ukraine smashed...still need to get things ready for the next conquest. And even if thats not on the horizon tightening control and ramping up the authoritarianism
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on May 13, 2024, 03:12:48 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2024, 03:09:00 AMOn the other hand a reading of the "cabinet reshuffle" is that a further shift to a war economy is planned. Which would indicate the Russian leadership is not nearly as assured of their victory as Western commentators reading their propaganda are.
Surely this would line up with a total victory too?
Ukraine smashed...still need to get things ready for the next conquest. And even if thats not on the horizon tightening control and ramping up the authoritarianism

No. War economy is terrible politically. It's not something you do unless you have to.

crazy canuck

Latest story in the NYTimes is not good. No troops, shells or equipment to stabilize.

Grey Fox

While true, the NYT is always a couple of days late. Situation seems to have stabilize again a couple of days ago.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Do you have a link, the Guardian is reporting similar information, including a quote from the Ukrainians conceding the Russians are achieving "tactical victories" in the push started last Friday.

Josquius

There's so much fog of war. Some saying all is fine. Some all is terrible. There's good reason for the Ukrainians to be spreading both kinds of story.

I do believe the stuff about corruption an poor first line defences but at the same time I have a suspicion Ukraine might be trying to give Russia false optimism.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Good summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6N4vCNm1I

We just won't know until it is decided. It's interesting (in a terrifying way) to experience how absolutely nothing you can know about the goings of a war from the outside.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 09:09:50 AMDo you have a link, the Guardian is reporting similar information, including a quote from the Ukrainians conceding the Russians are achieving "tactical victories" in the push started last Friday.

Here's Budanov saying the Russian Sumy plan is on hold.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1790338215712337949

And a report with it's telegram source of Ukraine pushing & thwarting Russian incursions.

https://twitter.com/Teoyaomiquu/status/1790248365822730685

I am not discrediting what the Time and Guardians are saying, only that they usually are late.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.