What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

I think when he was trying to win the primary in 1976? I may be wrong, but I think Jerry Brown was the favourite. But let's not turn this into a history thread.

And I'd take a dead Kennedy over Biden, Yi. Got any on offer? By this stage, I think even Rose Kennedy would do better in debates.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2024, 02:31:45 PMI think when he was trying to win the primary in 1976? I may be wrong, but I think Jerry Brown was the favourite. But let's not turn this into a history thread.

And I'd take a dead Kennedy over Biden, Yi. Got any on offer? By this stage, I think even Rose Kennedy would do better in debates.

Yeah, I'm talking about the Democratic primary in 76 too.  Ted definitely challenged Jim Bob and I recall he stayed in longer than was "seemly."  Carter declined to debate him so Ted held a fake debate in which he played audio of Carter and responded.

Would a Kennedy who's brain has been eaten by worms suit you?  We do have one handy.

Norgy

And, he is gone.
Thank you, Joseph R. Biden, for your long service and beating Trump!

Norgy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2024, 02:37:54 PM
Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2024, 02:31:45 PMI think when he was trying to win the primary in 1976? I may be wrong, but I think Jerry Brown was the favourite. But let's not turn this into a history thread.

Yeah, I'm talking about the Democratic primary in 76 too.  Ted definitely challenged Jim Bob and I recall he stayed in longer than was "seemly."  Carter declined to debate him so Ted held a fake debate in which he played audio of Carter and responded.

Would a Kennedy who's brain has been eaten by worms suit you?  We do have one handy.

I wasn't completely off the mark, then.

You know, RFK sr. seemed to have all the marks of a leader of men. It is just, well, saddening to see the junior. But like the Targaryan dynasty, the gods flip a coin with the Kennedys too, it seems.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2024, 03:25:59 PMYou know, RFK sr. seemed to have all the marks of a leader of men. It is just, well, saddening to see the junior. But like the Targaryan dynasty, the gods flip a coin with the Kennedys too, it seems.

Bleh.  Fat trustifarian living off the family name.

viper37

He's back!  the man behind the mask!

(Mancin wants to announce he's back asa Democrat to run for President.  Too many youngsters now, I guess :D )
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Syt

From Reddit (translation from reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/1e9pli7/french_president_macrons_letter_to_us_president/ )

QuoteDear Mr. President,

It was with great emotion that I learned of your decision to withdraw from the race for the 2024 presidential elections. Please be assured that I appreciate the gravity of this moment for you, your loved ones and the entire American people, as well as the courage, the spirit of responsibility and the sense of duty that led you to this decision.

In these exceptional circumstances, I would like to assure you once again of my friendship, and to thank you for the unfailing commitment you have always shown to strengthening Franco-American relations. In this respect, our respective state visits will remain important milestones, testifying to the historic and unfailing friendship between France and the United States.

I would also like to express France's gratitude for the exemplary way in which you led the Atlantic Alliance through one of the most serious crises in its history. In this respect, the Washington Summit was a unique opportunity to reaffirm the importance of Alliance unity in the face of Russian aggression.

At a time when we have just celebrated together the 80th anniversary of D-Day, I hope that this spirit of partnership between the two sides of the Atlantic will continue to animate the historic relations between our two countries. Please accept, Mr. President, the expression of my highest consideration.

Emmanuel Macron
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

So there's a lot of shit flying around the internet at the moment about Biden being unseen. Conspiracies he's dead (nonsense) and the like.
A convincing theory I read for this is that its typical GOP/Russian tactics of trying to invalidate the Democratic candidate by painting things as a coup against Biden (wow, Biden is to be defended now).

All this aside though any idea what's actually going on? Covid has hit him hard?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on July 24, 2024, 03:14:54 AMSo there's a lot of shit flying around the internet at the moment about Biden being unseen. Conspiracies he's dead (nonsense) and the like.
A convincing theory I read for this is that its typical GOP/Russian tactics of trying to invalidate the Democratic candidate by painting things as a coup against Biden (wow, Biden is to be defended now).

All this aside though any idea what's actually going on? Covid has hit him hard?

If you are going to be getting down in the mud, look over at the daily mail. I see through Google they have an article from yesterday titled 'Biden FINALLY shows face in public, six days after dropping out of 2024 race...'

Which also happens to be inaccurate
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Why would Biden's death be kept secret? I can't imagine a better thing for the Democrat campaign. Make Harris President and get those nice incumbent vibes going without the indignity of Biden having to resign the presidency.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on July 24, 2024, 05:03:39 AMWhy would Biden's death be kept secret? I can't imagine a better thing for the Democrat campaign. Make Harris President and get those nice incumbent vibes going without the indignity of Biden having to resign the presidency.
100%. That chatter makes absolutely zero sense. Which is what makes it interesting that its going on.

I am curious whats up with Biden . How seriously ill is he? Might we see President Harris before the election afterall?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on July 24, 2024, 05:58:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 24, 2024, 05:03:39 AMWhy would Biden's death be kept secret? I can't imagine a better thing for the Democrat campaign. Make Harris President and get those nice incumbent vibes going without the indignity of Biden having to resign the presidency.
100%. That chatter makes absolutely zero sense. Which is what makes it interesting that its going on.

I am curious whats up with Biden . How seriously ill is he? Might we see President Harris before the election afterall?

What, beyond the Republican posturing, is interesting about how an old man with covid did not do public events? (Also a man who just got to humiliate himself) Maybe relevant if say he doesn't show up today on schedule, I guess?

https://rollcall.com/factbase/biden/topic/calendar/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2024, 06:21:50 AM
Quote from: Josquius on July 24, 2024, 05:58:09 AM

What, beyond the Republican posturing, is interesting about how an old man with covid did not do public events? (Also a man who just got to humiliate himself) Maybe relevant if say he doesn't show up today on schedule, I guess?

https://rollcall.com/factbase/biden/topic/calendar/

Pretty big news around him at the moment. It is a time when you'd expect him to say a few words.
And a potentially seriously ill president is a pretty big event.
If he's got something big scheduled today then we should get to see then
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Yeah I think it was Monday when they announced he would address the nation on Wednesday.