News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

It isn't stealing if the government does it for their own good.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

That is why I bury my money in coffee cans
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2011, 10:37:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2011, 09:45:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2011, 09:43:36 AM
Really? Just seems like something to do to kill time in 2011.

Gotta blow federal money we don't have someplace.

Michael Moore says we have the money-- more than enough to cover all state & federal budget deficits.  We just need to go steal it from rich people is all.
Including from him, that pretentious, nonsense blathering left wing Totalitarian wannabee!    <_<   

Clearly he needs a new Mockumentary to illustrate his grand vision for how the world ought to be.    ;)

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2011, 10:37:46 AM
Michael Moore says we have the money-- more than enough to cover all state & federal budget deficits.  We just need to go steal it from rich people is all. 

Slaughtering your sheep makes it hard to get wool in the future ;)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Hippie love rainbows will generate more wool. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Anyway, I guess we can go ahead & downgrade this from "civil war" status :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Totally hilarious.  :lmfao:

They surrender faster than Italians.

QuoteLibyan Rebels Seek Cease-Fire After U.S. Vows to Withdraw Jets
By Thomas Penny and Patrick Donahue - Apr 1, 2011 7:20 AM ET

Libya's opposition called for a cease-fire after the U.S. said it's withdrawing aircraft used to attack Muammar Qaddafi's forces following adverse weather that prevented strikes allowing Libyan loyalists to push back rebels.

Libya's rebels would accept a cease-fire if their demands for freedoms are met, said Mustafa Abdel Jalil, head of the rebel National Transitional Council, during a news conference televised today from their stronghold of Benghazi. Any agreement would have to involve Qaddafi's fighters withdrawing from cities and their surrounding areas, he said.

The rebel move comes one day after Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. jets, won't be flying with NATO forces over Libya after April 2. Mullen said planes would be made available only if requested by NATO. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates told Congress the U.S. will "significantly ramp down our commitment" to Libya except for electronic warfare, aerial refueling and surveillance.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I've decided I can't switch sides anymore based on who is losing, because these rebels are so fucking pathetic.  It's all Gadhafi, all the way now. :cool:

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 12:30:35 PM
I've decided I can't switch sides anymore based on who is losing, because these rebels are so fucking pathetic.  It's all Gadhafi, all the way now. :cool:

:yes:

Let's hope we can make amends without replacing all his shit we blew up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

I'm shocked that NATO managed to back the wrong side.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Maybe he'll think it was all just a big practical joke.  He'll probably blow up an airliner or two to show he's in on the joke. :)

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 12:30:35 PM
You're such a "fair weather" fan of rebellions!   ;)

Admiral Yi

We could sign a secret treaty saying his family members are allowed to beat the shit out of servants while vacationing in Europe.  He would have to see that's a sweet deal.

Caliga

Also we'd have to break Switzerland up for him.  He thinks it's not a legitimate country for some reason known only to him. :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 12:50:32 PM
Also we'd have to break Switzerland up for him.  He thinks it's not a legitimate country for some reason known only to him. :)

Why don't we try my offer first and see where it gets us?  No need to give away the farm.