News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Can't believe no Languishites has picked up on this.

He has been caught.

Liep

Quote from: Drakken on October 20, 2011, 07:05:51 AM
Can't believe no Languishites has picked up on this.

He has been caught.

Dead according to some reports.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

I've decided to switch my support back to Gadhafi. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: citizen k on October 19, 2011, 12:50:51 PM
If anyone can find a picture of it, please post.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/10/20/homemade-bulldozer-battleship-joins-libya-fight/

QuoteClad in concrete sandwiched between steel plates, it is painted in the colors of the new national flag -- red, green and black. Writing on the bow declares "there is no God, but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet."

Caliga

Holy cannoli, that thing is METAL.  Support switched back to rebels. :punk:

citizen k

Quote from: Caliga on October 20, 2011, 06:35:57 PM

I expect to see some jawas pop out of it.

Viking

This tank means the Libyian rebels are about 94 years behind the Imperial German Army.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on October 20, 2011, 10:03:21 PM
This tank means the Libyian rebels are about 94 years behind the Imperial German Army.

Come now.  They might be a century behind in terms of technology, but intellectually and morally it's more like eight centuries.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 20, 2011, 10:03:21 PM

Well I think the Libyan one contains a lot of concrete in it's make up.  It has to take RPG shots.  I sure as hell wouldn't want to ride in it.  I would probably break down in the middle of a battle and be set on fire with gasoline bombs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Lucidor

Quote from: Caliga on October 20, 2011, 06:35:57 PM

QFT!

citizen k

Libyan girls dressed in white as "angels", one of them armed, flash the V-sign for victory during a rally in the eastern city of Benghazi, as locals commemorated the anniversary of confronting the armed forces of late Libyan dictator Moammar Qaddafi. (AFP Photo/Abdullah Doma)

Razgovory

Quote from: citizen k on March 19, 2012, 10:07:56 PM

Libyan girls dressed in white as "angels", one of them armed, flash the V-sign for victory during a rally in the eastern city of Benghazi, as locals commemorated the anniversary of confronting the armed forces of late Libyan dictator Moammar Qaddafi. (AFP Photo/Abdullah Doma)

They're Polish Hussars!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

mongers

Libya 6 months on, unreported world, may require registration to view programme:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"