Vatican’s No. 2 Says Celibacy Not ‘Untouchable,’

Started by jimmy olsen, April 28, 2010, 01:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on April 28, 2010, 03:28:19 PM

Is there any actual evidence that a non-celibate clergy would, in fact, likely be more socially progressive?  That would be my gut instinct, but OTOH, the Southern Baptist clergy isn't celibate, but isn't exactly socially progressive either.

Not that I know of--just a guess on my part. Southern Baptists are probably much more socially conservative because they are southern white guys. Catholics tend not to be southern white guys.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on April 28, 2010, 02:54:58 PM

Only if he was seeking to have sex with a child. I think you would be hard pressed to tell individuals 35+ in SF that they were getting old for endless hot sex.

I think you should wait to get there before predicting anything in that particular regards...  Especially considering your... looks.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on April 28, 2010, 06:52:11 PM
I think you should wait to get there before predicting anything in that particular regards...  Especially considering your... looks.

G.

I'm not predicting anything, simply reporting. It is demonstrably untrue that gays 35+ in SF have a hard time getting laid. Why both here and Palm Springs celebrate age.  So once again, he wouldn't have any trouble unless he was chasing after children like you...although as you already pointed out, he'd fair better as he actually has cash.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.