The Third Languish Sunday EU3 MP Game Thread

Started by Tamas, April 23, 2010, 08:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacris

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 02, 2010, 05:03:11 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 02, 2010, 04:54:31 PM
Brandenburg is not his biggest threat, not yet anyway.

It really is.  :mellow:

In a way...non-emperor Austria will probably have the Ottos laying siege to Vienna in no time.

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on May 02, 2010, 05:04:43 PM
Quote from: Sacris on May 02, 2010, 05:02:10 PM
Well, I didn't quite found them irritating. A bit odd, rather. I mean sure, rebellions, Kurland and all, but the sheer size of that stack just seemed so out of proportion :O

Out of proportion describes everything you need to know about Jaron.
:lmfao:

Habbaku

Quote from: Sacris on May 02, 2010, 05:06:41 PM
In a way...non-emperor Austria will probably have the Ottos laying siege to Vienna in no time.

Only if Tamas insists on being intransigent in his diplomacy with me.  I have no interest in seeing the Turks draw deeper into Austria's land and, in fact, would be rather eager to help roll back the tide into Hungary if Tamas made proper concessions.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on May 02, 2010, 05:19:13 PM
Quote from: Sacris on May 02, 2010, 05:06:41 PM

Only if Tamas insists on being intransigent in his diplomacy with me.  I have no interest in seeing the Turks draw deeper into Austria's land and, in fact, would be rather eager to help roll back the tide into Hungary if Tamas made proper concessions.
What concessions are you guys talking about, if it's not state secret?

DGuller

Quote from: Sacris on May 02, 2010, 05:02:10 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 02, 2010, 04:11:56 PM
Where the hell IS Khorasan?

The Austrian 2nd, 3rd and 5th armies are in Riga because I had them put down rebellions and then used them to conquer "Kurland". I meant to bring them home but Poland denied me military access. The fact that Russia took such notice of them and found it to be as irritating as they did made me think it was a good idea to leave them where they were.

Well, I didn't quite found them irritating. A bit odd, rather. I mean sure, rebellions, Kurland and all, but the sheer size of that stack just seemed so out of proportion :O
Furthermore, I think having Russia invade and take the Baltics would be the best thing that could happen to Tamas.  He's getting devastating penalties for holding those territories, and that's why he's losing the polls.

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on May 02, 2010, 05:06:06 PM
Speaking of the Ottomans, what was Kleves doing this session?  Austria is a shambles and the Turks are...just sitting there.
:shifty:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on May 02, 2010, 03:27:27 PM
I think it's only fair to remove ~4-6 Infamy and 4 points of inflation from Tamas, yeah.

I made a couple of bone-head maneuvers, can I has edit?

katmai

Ausrtria only holds Riga and he wouldn't have that if session had lasted another 10 mins.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2010, 06:21:28 PM
Ausrtria only holds Riga and he wouldn't have that if session had lasted another 10 mins.
Did Jaron throw a garage sale?

Jaron

You would make it sound like I ruined Austria.

I sold Katmai some Baltic land, yes for a very handsome sum of money. Tamas wanted them released as a vassal, but since I couldn't do that and needed to get rid of the provinces asap it seemed like a win win. He still has kurland and Riga, Katmai - a non threatening power gains two provinces for a large amount of coin.

Honestly the exaggeration you all go through to make it sound like I destroyed Austria is comical.

Austria is intact, I made some infrastructure improvements, I saved money, I build up some troops (he'll be able to get the Riga ones home without a problem), I honored his alliances and agreements that I knew about. The election is going to be a struggle, but that is more a sign of Brandenburgs rising power than anything I did. The accidental DoW on Sweden is regrettable but fixable and I think it will help him a lot. It will probably flip the elector going for Bavaria to Austria and then Tamas will just need to switch one of the other electors to win.

Its not my fault hes the bad boy of Europe.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

I wasn't accusing you.  I actually think you did a good job, apart from that one accidental war with Sweden.

katmai

Yes Jaron just because we wouldn't marry you doesn't mean you needed to DoW me and take -2 stab hit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Shade

So anyone want to go back to this? maybe try DW again?