News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFaiL Draft

Started by CountDeMoney, April 22, 2010, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

So do they Lions have enough now to actually win games?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

JacobL

Happy with the Bucs pick and very happy they sat on their hands and resisted using their 2 high 2nd rounders to trade back up into the 1st.  Now today they have 2 of the first 10 picks. :bowler:

And yes Lions look to be improving and at least headed in the right direction.  Best is a top talent IF he can stay healthy.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2010, 05:03:16 AM
By the way, anybody else think this new "prime time" format over three days sucks ass?  I miss being engorged on all things draft during an entire weekend.

Yes. I'm going to miss being lazy over the weekend.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Sooner Left Tackle  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Vince

I can live with Wilson at Nickel CB.  Jets seem to be stocking up on CB to make sure they can't get ripped up by multiple WR sets like last year. 

Now they just need some DL help and OL depth.

Eddie Teach

Wow, 3 of top 4 picks from Oklahoma?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

I can't seem to find out - what did the Vikings get from the Lions in exchange for their #30 pick?

Eh - found it.  They get the Lions 2nd round pick (#34 overall), plus 4th and 7th round picks.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

The Vikings need a QB ffs.

JacobL

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2010, 12:17:13 PM
I can't seem to find out - what did the Vikings get from the Lions in exchange for their #30 pick?

Eh - found it.  They get the Lions 2nd round pick (#34 overall), plus 4th and 7th round picks.   :cool:
They swapped 4th round picks   :P

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2010, 12:31:02 PM

I wouldn't be opposed if they drafted Colt McCoy... (don't like Clausen, personally).

But remember, the Vikings are in the Win Now(tm) mode.  Drafting a QB is a multi-year project.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2010, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2010, 12:31:02 PM

I wouldn't be opposed if they drafted Colt McCoy... (don't like Clausen, personally).

But remember, the Vikings are in the Win Now(tm) mode.  Drafting a QB is a multi-year project.

They ain't going to win shit with Rosencopter & Jacksuck. Has Favre announced anything?

I think McCoy could be good. I know next to nothing on this Clausen fellaw.

Savonarola

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2010, 06:21:15 AM
So do they Lions have enough now to actually win games?

They have enough now to give their fans false hope at the beginning of the season; that's a dramatic improvement over last year.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: JacobL on April 23, 2010, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2010, 12:17:13 PM

They swapped 4th round picks   :P

Ah.  Well that doesn't so much sound like they fleeced the Lions then.

But given the money you save by not signing a first-rounder, and for few spots they actually dropped, it was still a good deal.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2010, 12:35:26 PM
They ain't going to win shit with Rosencopter & Jacksuck. Has Favre announced anything?

Nope.  Which is a good thing - at this point in the year he was retired in 2009 and 2008.

Sophie Scholl

I'm very satisfied with the Raiders picking up McClain and not going for Bruce Campbell, someone with an insane 40 time, or a long snapper.  I was shocked Crazy Al actually made the right call.  Maybe he's swung back to slight coherence from his years senility?  If they kick Jamarcus to the curb, I might actually have some hope.

I'm indifferent to the Browns taking Joe Haden.  I think their hand was forced by no one contacting them to trade up.  They wanted Berry I presume, and when he went off the board and with no calls coming in, they took the top player on their board left, aka Haden.  He's a hell of a talent, but with the acquisition of Sheldon Brown from the Eagles, it was hardly a priority.  My pet fantasy of Teow going to Cleveland and being part of some insanity behind the line with Seneca Wallace and Josh Cribbs has been dashed by the loathed Broncos, and as such I think the Browns should hold off on a QB this year.  Next year is supposed to be loaded from what I hear, and with Delhomme and Wallace, they have 2 passable starters.

I'm once again furious with the Broncos, A) for taking Tebow and B) for once again shitting on my boy Kyle Orton.  Seriously McDaniels?  You fucking suck.  Hard.  You bring in Brady Quinn, and now Tim Tebow to threaten him.  Why not just be done with your second starting QB in 2 years and trade Orton as well?  To the Browns or Raiders.  For a late round pick or two. :shifty:

Also:  Ed Anger works for the Cincinatti Bengals.  I've figured it out.  They hired the Nuge today!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."