News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What qualifies as business casual?

Started by Faeelin, April 22, 2010, 01:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

We essentially have a "smart casual" dress code at work (although with a premise that if we need to meet a client we need to be able to change into a suit).

Smart casual means a shirt needs to have a collar, trousers must not be light blue jeans or military fatigues etc. I noticed that men have problems much more often than women with non-formal dress codes, too.

Jaron

Do people commonly go to work in military fatigues in Poland?  :hmm:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on April 23, 2010, 01:28:45 AM
Do people commonly go to work in military fatigues in Poland?  :hmm:

No, but one guy did so they had to spell it out. :P

Jaron

That is why Siegebreaker can never return to civilian life :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  I've always looked at business casual as a button down long sleeve shirt (I always feel like a complete tool wearing tucked in polo shirts or short sleeve button down shirts outside of uniform type shit), non pleated pants that aren't jeans (khakis and such), and some sort of closed toe shoes that aren't sneakers or clog type sandals or something (not necessarily dress shoes). 

Maybe a tie if I feel like it. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on April 23, 2010, 01:36:49 AM
That is why Siegebreaker can never return to civilian life :(

That joke might work better if he didn't splatter photos of himself in civvies all over the forum.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I wear a Company issued polo + jeans to work. There isn't a dress code here, it's just the easiest way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

My cheapass company has stopped giving those out.  You can still get them, but you have to pay for one now.  :rolleyes:

I had a really nice polo shirt from one of our software vendors, but the dog jumped up on me and ripped it.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

They gave out 1. They don't even sell them. Cheap ass company.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Well, they've cut back alot of shit like that, but on the bright side they've also not laid anyone off since the economic downturn.  :cool:

Ed Anger

I don't mind casual wear, but there is always some fucktards that come in wearing Hawaiian shirts, flip-flops, exposed midriffs and my latest pet peeve, pajama bottoms.

Employees are stupid.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2010, 07:56:57 AM
I don't mind casual wear, but there is always some fucktards that come in wearing Hawaiian shirts, flip-flops, exposed midriffs and my latest pet peeve, pajama bottoms.
Pajama bottoms?  Poor Ed, having to supervise poor people.  :(

btw, today is Hawaiian Shirt Day!  :cool:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2010, 07:58:47 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2010, 07:56:57 AM
Pajama bottoms?  Poor Ed, having to supervise poor people.  :(

btw, today is Hawaiian Shirt Day!  :cool:

I'm MANAGEMENT, not a lowly supervisor. Get my exalted rank correct.

Ed, at work
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Ed's sounds like a fun place to work.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2010, 08:05:23 AM

Ed, at work

Why are you lieing, with crossed arms, at the feet of a throne of skulls (bottom left)? Are you the office brownnose towards the CEOs?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.