Pet Shop Boys spurn rescue shelter remix; PETA asks them to change name

Started by katmai, April 10, 2009, 09:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 09:59:31 AM

I'm not interested in auto sports driven by fruits.

Well, given the overwhelming mainstream popularity of programs like "Gay NASCAR" and "Gay Prix: Le Mans," I'd say you are part of a dwindling minority.   <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 11, 2009, 09:55:33 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 09:11:25 AM
Speaking of the gay, I noticed there is a gay channel on my cable lineup (LOGO). They can put that shit there, but Time Warner can't give me RFD-TV. Fuckers.

Anyways, I blocked the gay channel.

You're gonna miss RuPaul's Drag Race  :(
I don't get LOGO here but they did a big coverage of that show on Feast of Fools (including interviews with the participants and whatnot). Looked like more fun than most reality tv shows.

Norgy

thu Apr 9,
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals suggested Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe rename themselves Rescue Shelter Boys to draw attention to the plight of animals raised in pet shops.

April 9th is April Fool's, right?

Martinus

Quote from: Norgy on April 11, 2009, 12:00:30 PM

thu Apr 9,
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals suggested Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe rename themselves Rescue Shelter Boys to draw attention to the plight of animals raised in pet shops.

April 9th is April Fool's, right?
PETA - Where Every Day is April Fool's.

Norgy

I could maybe have understood the PETA's use of calories if 1) Pet Shop Boys were called Unsanitary Abbatoir Lads, Animal Testing Boys or Newly Eye-dropped With Acid Fluffy Bunnies or 2) the Pet Shop Boys were indeed somehow involved in unsavoury and shady business involving animals.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2009, 11:53:57 AM
I don't get LOGO here but they did a big coverage of that show on Feast of Fools (including interviews with the participants and whatnot). Looked like more fun than most reality tv shows.

I watched a couple episodes of that and found it immensely amusing, particularly the "lip sync for your life" twist on the classic elimination. :blush:

Anyway,
Pet Shop Boys: :thumbsup:
PETA:                :thumbsdown:
Experience bij!

Syt

I guess they were hoping that they'd rename to PETA Boys.

Good for the Pet Shop Boys; they're easily my favorite pop band.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2009, 10:10:58 AM
Pet Shop Boys :thumbsup:

Homo.

:mad:

The Pet Shop Boys have contributed something positive to this world (mildly enjoyable 80s music).  The only thing I can think of that PETA may have contributed to this world is an increased cost of meat (due to forcing processors to implement humane shit that probably results in increased handling costs), which is MOST DISAGREEABLE.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2009, 11:43:23 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2009, 10:10:58 AM
Pet Shop Boys :thumbsup:

Homo.

:mad:

The Pet Shop Boys have contributed something positive to this world (mildly enjoyable 80s music).  The only thing I can think of that PETA may have contributed to this world is an increased cost of meat (due to forcing processors to implement humane shit that probably results in increased handling costs), which is MOST DISAGREEABLE.  :mad:

Pet Shop Boys have nothing on Berlin. THEY WENT TO THE METRO.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive