Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2017, 12:15:49 PM
Today my bathtub wasn't draining very quickly so I used a plunger.
stop shitting in the tub :x
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on January 04, 2017, 01:05:46 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2017, 12:15:49 PM
Today my bathtub wasn't draining very quickly so I used a plunger.
stop shitting in the tub :x

I can't.

Ed Anger

Sometimes you just gotta do a tub dookie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It's just not a tub with out a tub dookie.  L2EROSION

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

So coming home from work tonight I text my wife to say I might bit a bit late - I likely missed my bus and would have to wait 20 minutes for the next one.  She replies 'no worries - actually there's a huge line-up on 111th street.'

I look out the window - sure enough it's gridlock out there.  It could take me an hour or more to get home (usual time - 10 minutes if I catch my bus on time).

I don't want to wait an hour.  It's only about a half hour walk - but it's cold.  Weather app says -12c, but windchill makes it feel like -24.  I have a warm jacket and toque, but I'm only wearing my suit underneath and my legs are pretty exposed.

But by the looks of it the wind would be at my back.  I decide to go for it.

Sure enough, I'm passing traffic left and right.  In fact I pass my bus that I thought I would be late for - it too is caught in traffic.  I continue.

My mostly bare legs (this isn't a thick suit) start to hurt, but the rest of me is warm so I press on and make it home in 25 minutes. :showoff:

The fact my legs stung for the next half hour was a small price to pay for not sitting on a bus for an hour.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I've been constipated for two days. I eat 4 White Castle sliders and 4 hours later, I launch 2 turds the size of the Graf Spee.

Sweet, sweet relief :)

CountDeMoney

So all those commercials about Opiod-Induced Constipation are just bullshit.  All we need is White Castle.

The Brain

DGuller

This evening I was taking the train home, and as the train approached next-to-last station, I felt an unusually strong bump.  It was strong enough and sudden enough to almost knock the phone out of my hand.  I looked around once the train came to a stop, but no one was acting like anything was out of the ordinary.  On the next stop, I got off, and still no one was acting like anything was unusual.  I never did find out what, if anything, happened.

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
So coming home from work tonight I text my wife to say I might bit a bit late - I likely missed my bus and would have to wait 20 minutes for the next one.  She replies 'no worries - actually there's a huge line-up on 111th street.'

I look out the window - sure enough it's gridlock out there.  It could take me an hour or more to get home (usual time - 10 minutes if I catch my bus on time).

I don't want to wait an hour.  It's only about a half hour walk - but it's cold.  Weather app says -12c, but windchill makes it feel like -24.  I have a warm jacket and toque, but I'm only wearing my suit underneath and my legs are pretty exposed.

But by the looks of it the wind would be at my back.  I decide to go for it.

Sure enough, I'm passing traffic left and right.  In fact I pass my bus that I thought I would be late for - it too is caught in traffic.  I continue.

My mostly bare legs (this isn't a thick suit) start to hurt, but the rest of me is warm so I press on and make it home in 25 minutes. :showoff:

The fact my legs stung for the next half hour was a small price to pay for not sitting on a bus for an hour.

I know the feeling - I hate the thin dress pants. I usually wore something a bit thicker like semi-dress jeans at work during colder months. In winter while not at work I usually wear flannel lined pants, and fleece lined jeans for outside work like snow shoveling. Much better and warmer.

Ed Anger

Poo report:

I launched the Yamato today.

Tonitrus

While rinsing out an empty small jar of preserves, I managed to fumble it, dropping it into the kitchen sink.  This jar just happened to be just small enough to slide down into the drain of the garbage disposal...so there it is, about four inches down (from the top of the jar to the rim of the drain), just past the rubber ring/flap that always seems to be in garbage disposal drains...the jar's fit is just snug enough that no way can my fingers reach down/in and get any grab to pull it out...

What to do?  Duct tape to stick on the top and pull?  Nope, that rubber flap is tight enough around creating enough friction to make that impossible. 

A vacuum cleaner (I got a nifty, powerful Dyson)?  Nope, same problem.

Find a way to break the jar and pull out the pieces?  Chunks of glass probably wouldn't be good for the disposal.

The ultimate solution?  I take two, long/thin flathead screwdrivers, wrap the ends in duct tape (to create some grip), and push them down each side, pulling it up and out chopsticks-style like a really big, annoying dumpling.

Problem solved.  Sometimes it's just the small victories.  :showoff:

The Brain