News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Nah, go more pretentious, avant-garde African lesbian musical theater or Romanian folk songs for non-Romanians.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

The party ended fairly soon after I posted. I didn't get to be an ass. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Supermarkets in Vienna run some sort of radio through their sound systems. There's usually light music interspersed with commercials and weather updates. Anyways, allow me to try to replicate one that amused me a bit today:

(in a lady's voice)
"What makes this time of year so special are our customs and traditions.
And I too have a tradition that is near and dear to my heart.
It involves [brand of champagne sparkling wine].
My tradition is to open a bottle and enjoy every glass of it."

That's it. A lady declaring it a "tradition" to drink a bottle of fizzy alcohol during the holidays. Someone got paid for this. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Ate some shrooms on New Years

Jacob

Admiral Yi

Not that big a deal.  Some visual effects.

mongers

Well that's a surprise, after 1.5 years of 'ownership' the cat for the first time is sitting on my lap in doors.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Jacob

My boy got a mini trebuchet kit for Christmas (from his grandparents, but I'm the one who bought it for them to give to him). We assembled it a few days ago and have had a great time shooting d20s at constructions made out of wooden blocks.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Gaijin de Moscu

In the village where we live, there's a Singaporean family who owns a large, beautiful villa. I pass them every time I walk my dog.

In the mornings, they blast over loudspeakers the kind of Chinese music you'd expect to hear when one does taichi exercises.

Reminds me of the Soviet times when I used to wake up to the music of "morning exercises" on radio coming from every open window. "Stand straight, now bend over and reach your toes with the tips of your fingers... one-two... three-four..."

mongers

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on January 10, 2022, 04:57:10 AM
In the village where we live, there's a Singaporean family who owns a large, beautiful villa. I pass them every time I walk my dog.

In the mornings, they blast over loudspeakers the kind of Chinese music you'd expect to hear when one does taichi exercises.

Reminds me of the Soviet times when I used to wake up to the music of "morning exercises" on radio coming from every open window. "Stand straight, now bend over and reach your toes with the tips of your fingers... one-two... three-four..."

:)

Two nice pieces of local colour; somewhat different to curtain-twitching English suburbia.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Gaijin de Moscu

Talking about curtains...

We've removed curtains in our veranda, and a bird just flew in. My dog, who is a 35-kilo, powerful Samoyed, blew her head off and went into full elephant-in-a-china-shop hunting mode.

Still recovering from all the dog-wrestling, but this bird is saved. Not all the previous ones had been this lucky.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2021, 01:50:09 AM
Made out with a girl at the Regal Beagle.  Hell of a long time since that's happened.

So....I ran in to this chick again, on the mistaken assumption the Beagle was doing karaoke tonight.  And with her was her...husband.  :lol:

That's the third married woman I've made out with in Iowa City.  I've found my niche.

Eddie Teach