News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2021, 11:42:06 AM
Spent the day at the British Museum (to see final days of the Nero exhibit) and the British Library. Almost felt like pre-pandemic times.
Got tickets for the Hokusai exhibition so will be interesting.

I've been to the cinema a few times but only Bond was particularly busy. Going to a play this week though.

I feel like there's totally different masking levels on different bits of public transport too - it's really weird. On the train: 75-80% masked; on the bus: 66-75% masked; on the Tube: 50% at best. Very strange.

Edit: I mean having said that I feel like cinemas and theatres are relatively low risk because (hopefully) not many people are talking. And I've been to pubs and restaurants and work over the last month or two which I think are probably worse in terms of enclosed space with people talking etc.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 18, 2021, 04:17:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2021, 11:42:06 AM
Spent the day at the British Museum (to see final days of the Nero exhibit) and the British Library. Almost felt like pre-pandemic times.
Got tickets for the Hokusai exhibition so will be interesting.

Envious.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Today I had both an eyesight test and a hearing test; upshot I have some new distance and reading glasses on order, I was also given some new hearing aids, not sure how much those cost the NHS, hopefully not too much.

Rather disgracefully it's probably been about ten years since I've had either of those tests; I really need the shift my subconscious assumption away from I'm immortal and start taking health matters seriously. :bleeding:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Bit more seaside Kent  - Edit: oops wrong photo. That is Margate.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 03, 2021, 03:43:30 PM
Bit more seaside Kent  - Edit: oops wrong photo. That is Margate.

Weird name to give your penis :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Had a prelim today with a 17 year old victim from a knife slashing.  Victim asks me how long I've been a lawyer.

I reply that I was called to the bar in 2001, and joined the Crown's office in 2004.

He replies "that's as long as I've been alive!".

<_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

So, you look young. That's positive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Did you tell him that replies like that is why he's getting stabbed? :P

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

"And that's how long you're going to live if you keep talking like that!  :mad:"

garbon

Spent the day at Southwark Cathedral where a panel of female authors gave talks on Tudor women. Got to finally see and speak to Alison Weir whose biography of Elizabeth was one of my first sparks of interest in history. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I was at a concert on Wednesday. Was totally like pre pandemic times. Winter lockdown here we come.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2021, 12:23:33 PM
Spent the day at Southwark Cathedral where a panel of female authors gave talks on Tudor women. Got to finally see and speak to Alison Weir whose biography of Elizabeth was one of my first sparks of interest in history. :)

Cool. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2021, 12:23:33 PM

:cool:

Yes it's invariable cool when one gets to speak with a favourite author.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

So we had a snowfall warning issued last night.  First big dump of the year.

I was worried about making it to my 8:30 pre-trial tele-conference so I made sure to leave extra early.  Sure enough the roads are not good and the drive in was slow.  Even then I get into my desk at the nick of time: 8:28.

So I call in promptly at 8:30.  I get told "Oh Mr. Barrister - your pre-trial is at 9:30".

<_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

1h early. That's great time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.