Iran: Dog Ownership to Be Outlawed Under Lawmakers' Plan

Started by jimmy olsen, April 19, 2011, 08:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2011, 09:30:14 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 20, 2011, 07:42:05 AM
The Iranian regime just continues to plod on, finding ever newer means of being  more overbearing.    :ph34r:

I thought that executing gays and female rape victims was already a good indication. :P

Why do you defend sex criminals? :huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2011, 09:30:14 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 20, 2011, 07:42:05 AM
The Iranian regime just continues to plod on, finding ever newer means of being  more overbearing.    :ph34r:

I thought that executing gays and female rape victims was already a good indication. :P
Hehe, right.  As I said, the beat goes on; keeping people under the regime's thumb has mostly been accomplished. Now they're going after dogs. Probably other pets to  follow.

The Minsky Moment

Sag-e Velgard

This story, along with the rest of Sadeq's Hedayat work is currently censored in Iran.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Their villainy is beginning to enter cartoonish levels. I wouldn't be too surprised if they planned to put a giant laser on the moon.

Iran really is depressing. Iranians I meet are usually pretty nice people, tend very much towards the liberal and westernised sort of things, sure, they're the liberal elite who get to study abroad, not representative of the general population- but then Arabs I meet tend to be a lot less....cool and western seeming. Iranians tend to be drinkers for instance, and just more socially adept in the west.
Yet they've got this super conservatve dictatorship ruling over them. Bah.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Maximus

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on April 20, 2011, 04:32:39 PM
Their villainy is beginning to enter cartoonish levels. I wouldn't be too surprised if they planned to put a giant laser on the moon.

Iran really is depressing. Iranians I meet are usually pretty nice people, tend very much towards the liberal and westernised sort of things, sure, they're the liberal elite who get to study abroad, not representative of the general population- but then Arabs I meet tend to be a lot less....cool and western seeming. Iranians tend to be drinkers for instance, and just more socially adept in the west.
Yet they've got this super conservatve dictatorship ruling over them. Bah.

Plus: hott Persian women.

[Though high maintenance!]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2011, 09:36:01 AM
Read it and weep

Oh for fucksake.  I was saying the first historical evidence for dog domestication was from Asia.  I did not even disagree with you about the fossil thing.  But still I have a feeling those Asian civilizations were not victims of cultural Imperialism by ancient Euro tribe. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on April 20, 2011, 05:44:44 PM

:yes:
Well, the first bit anyway, never heard anything special about high maintenance.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2011, 11:48:18 AM
Well, the first bit anyway, never heard anything special about high maintenance.

They are pretty notorious over here for only wanting the best.  But you have to consider we got the ones fleeing the revolution.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2011, 11:57:08 AM

They are pretty notorious over here for only wanting the best.  But you have to consider we got the ones fleeing the revolution.

Then you should be safe.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Malthus

Quote from: Malthus on April 20, 2011, 05:44:44 PM

:yes:

They make JAPs (Jewish American Princesses) look restrained by comparison.  :D

My best buddy, the one I had the "whoever dies first gets his skull made into a cup by the other" deal, is married to one, who admirably lives up to this stereotype in spades. It is her whose father passed away, with notorious results at his funeral.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius