It's good to be King... aside from having to pay obscene amounts of alimony

Started by Caliga, April 14, 2010, 06:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

The dude is SEVENTY SIX YEARS OLD and he's boning his wife's sister. :smoke:

I still can't figure out how he does it, given that he's probably the world's most annoying person.  Maybe it's the money, I dunno.  :hmm:

Larry King and 7th wife Shawn Southwick file for divorce after claims he slept with her sister
BY Nancy Dillon
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Larry King and his wife Shawn are headed to splitsville after more than 12 years of marriage.

LOS ANGELES - Oh Larry!

CNN's Larry King is splitting from his seventh wife, who says the 76-year-old cheated on her.

The talk show anchor and his wife Shawn Southwick, 50, both filed for divorce Wednesday citing "irreconcilable differences."

The marriage crumbled after Southwick accused King of having an affair with one of her close relatives, TMZ reported.

In December, the National Enquirer reported King cheated on his wife with her younger sister Shannon Engemann, quoting an unnamed friend of Southwick's.

The tabloid also said Southwick had an affair with her son's baseball coach in 2008 -  a claim she denied.

"It's a very sad day in Larry's life and he hopes the divorce will be amicable," his lawyer Susan Carter told TMZ.

"Larry loves his children very much and will be an integral part of their lives."

In his filing, King asks for joint custody of the couple's two sons, Chance, 11, and Cannon, 9. Southwick asks for primary physical custody and spousal support in her dueling paperwork.

A singer and TV personality, Southwick bragged on the couple's 10-year anniversary in 2007 that she was the only one of King's seven wives "to have lasted into the two digits."

The 5-foot-10 beauty made headlines when she entered rehab in 2008 for an alleged addiction to prescription painkillers.

At the time, King's spokesman Howard Rubenstein denied speculation that she was depressed or anorexic.

"He's deeply concerned about her well-being," Rubenstein said of King.

"She has taken medications because of her migraine headaches that she's had since she was a young girl. She developed a dependency on painkillers as a result of being prescribed medication for the migraines."

Brooklyn-born King has been married eight times to seven women. He married his third wife twice.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Does King know that you don't have to propose just because your first date went well?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2010, 06:22:56 PM
Does King know that you don't have to propose just because your first date went well?
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe marriage just isn't his thing.  Kind of like how conducting a coherent, insightful interview isn't either.

DisturbedPervert

The tabloid also said Southwick had an affair with her son's baseball coach in 2008

Good job Larry.  Bone the younger sister in revenge

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga