News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL 2010 Thread

Started by Barrister, April 13, 2010, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2010, 06:03:57 AM
There isn't going to be a 2010 Season. Lock out, here we go!
That'd be hillarious.  Just when the sport is starting to right itself and gain some stability, they'd sink it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2010, 10:17:09 AM
That'd be hillarious.  Just when the sport is starting to right itself and gain some stability, they'd sink it.

One owner owns two teams.  I dont think the league is stable at all.  Toronto needs to either grow a fan base or move to a location that will support a team.  One day Braily will decide to stop subsidizing the league and then it will die.

Barrister

What the hell are you talking about?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 11:25:36 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2010, 10:17:09 AM

One owner owns two teams.  I dont think the league is stable at all.  Toronto needs to either grow a fan base or move to a location that will support a team.  One day Braily will decide to stop subsidizing the league and then it will die.

Ownership instability in the CFL?  Why, I've never heard of such a thing!  :o

All I know is that tv ratings and overall revenue have been increasing year after year, so I doubt the league is going anywhere.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 11:28:39 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

You haven't heard of it? It's all over around here(in between hockey news that is)

QuoteStu Laird, president of the CFL Players' Association (CFLPA), has sent two confidential emails to every league player - including one on Monday - painting a bleak picture prior to the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) on June 5, one day before training camps are scheduled to start.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/players+gird+lockout/2770860/story.html#ixzz0l5piRYx4
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Haven't heard a word.

Of course I only get my CFL news from the winnipegfreepress.com

Of course I can't imagine the owners would lock out the players.  I can't imagine either side being so foolish.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2010, 11:29:42 AM
All I know is that tv ratings and overall revenue have been increasing year after year, so I doubt the league is going anywhere.

TV ratings increased by 20,000 (according to the TSN site) after they got to the contract in 2008.  I think most of that can be attributed to the fact that TSN does a much better job of advertising and producing their show.

Revenue increases are a bit like saying that the economy has grown since the October 2008.  There was nowhere to go but up.