Why all religions should be kept out of schools

Started by mongers, April 09, 2009, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2009, 09:47:40 AM
This actually increases Islamophobia.  If you make the most extreme and insane Muslims famous by constantly caving to their will, you strengthen their power in their own community while at the same time enraging the general population and increasing resentment and xenophobic views.
Yeah.  And I got the real sense that that convert and his pal were sort-of lording it over the other parents because they could speak English and many of the parents were immigrants who couldn't speak it well enough.  It's really sad.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2009, 09:44:45 AM
I didn't think this article was really about Muslims.  She got standing ovations from the community and they voted the shitstirrer off the board of Governors as soon as they could.  The problem is LEAs and local government :bleeding:
Since neither of those can be assailed, the only option is to hate, fear and exclude Islam.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on April 10, 2009, 03:43:55 AM
Converts are almost always weirdos. It's a bit like the half-black Swedish prominent Nazi.
:yeahright: Link?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2009, 11:26:13 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2009, 10:53:03 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 10, 2009, 03:43:55 AM
Converts are almost always weirdos. It's a bit like the half-black Swedish prominent Nazi.
:yeahright: Link?

He's been discussed on Languish multiple times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Arkl%C3%B6v

Wow, I don't know how I missed that. Weird.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point