Colorado mom arrested in 'JihadJane' terror case

Started by jimmy olsen, April 04, 2010, 01:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Now all she needs is a snappy nickname, get to it Languish.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/02/nation/la-na-terror-arrest3-2010apr03
QuoteColorado mom arrested in 'JihadJane' terror case

Jamie Paulin-Ramirez had been held and released in Ireland and was arrested when she returned to the U.S. Officials say she went to Europe with her young son to attend a training camp with 'JihadJane.

April 02, 2010|By Nicholas Riccardi

Reporting from Denver — A Colorado mother whose family said she flew to Ireland last year to join a possibly violent Islamic group was charged Friday with working with a Pennsylvania woman to attend a terrorist training camp in Europe.

Jamie Paulin-Ramirez, 31, had been arrested in Ireland last month with six others on suspicion of planning to assassinate Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, whose drawing of the prophet Muhammad with the body of a dog outraged many Muslims. Paulin-Ramirez, from Leadville, Colo, was later released by Irish authorities.
Advertisement

She returned voluntarily to the United States and was arrested Friday in Philadelphia, according to a statement from the Department of Justice. It did not give details of why she returned.

Federal prosecutors added Paulin-Ramirez to a case against Colleen R. LaRose, 46, who went by the online name "JihadJane" and was charged in a sealed indictment in October with recruiting people to kill Vilks.

According to the new indictment unveiled Friday, LaRose last summer invited Paulin-Ramirez to join her at a "training camp" in Europe. The day after she arrived, Paulin-Ramirez married another participant, a man with whom she had corresponded online.

The charges against Paulin-Ramirez carry a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Paulin-Ramirez's mother, Christine Mott, said Friday that she had not heard from her daughter since her arrest in Ireland and had not been aware she was back in the U.S. The two became estranged last year as Paulin-Ramirez, a nursing student, became obsessed with studying Islam online and began corresponding with people her mother viewed as extremists.

Paulin-Ramirez took her 6-year-old son, Christian, to Ireland last year and taught him that non-Muslims would burn in hell, Mott said. The boy apparently returned with his mother and is now in Pennsylvania's dependency system, Mott said.

Mott, who lives on disability and said she cannot afford a lawyer, said her greatest concern was getting the child back. "He's seen his mother arrested twice," she said in a telephone interview, sobbing. "He needs to be back here and out of this madness."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Mujahedin Mum?

QuoteAccording to the new indictment unveiled Friday, LaRose last summer invited Paulin-Ramirez to join her at a "training camp" in Europe. The day after she arrived, Paulin-Ramirez married another participant, a man with whom she had corresponded online.

And they say we think with our dicks...

Idiot single mom gets into radical islam because some lunatic wants to marry her. Film at 11.

Also:

QuotePaulin-Ramirez took her 6-year-old son, Christian, to Ireland last year and taught him that non-Muslims would burn in hell, Mott said.

Isn't this what Christians (or at least Evangelicals) tell their kids about non-Christians (or gays, or liberals)?

Jaron

Must you bring gays into every thread? MUST YOU?!  :hmm:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Did she change her kid's name?

With that name, that kid wouldn't survive long among muslims.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 04, 2010, 04:53:56 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2010, 03:56:55 AM
Mujahedin Mum?
:hmm: ... I like it.
'Mum' is some idiotic Euro thing.  We always say 'Mom' here.  You fail at being American, Tim. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

btw, have you guys seen pics of this chick yet?  Woof. :x

Seriously, she looks like she has acromegaly, like Andre the Giant or something.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2010, 07:23:09 AM

Seriously, she looks like she has acromegaly, like Andre the Giant or something.

It's always the ugly ones. Beautiful people don't go blowing themselves up!

Caliga

Well yeah... her mom was like "she was so lonely".... hot chicks are never lonely except by choice.

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2010, 07:07:13 AM
'Mum' is some idiotic Euro thing.  We always say 'Mom' here.  You fail at being American, Tim. :(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Nothing wrong with "Mum"; it's your "Mom" that sounds weird...
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

citizen k

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2010, 07:47:28 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2010, 07:23:09 AM

It's always the ugly ones. Beautiful people don't go blowing themselves up!

Martinus