News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bad Translator

Started by Syt, April 03, 2010, 04:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Stolen from EUOT. The tool translates/retranslates phrases up to 250 characters using Google translate.
http://www.conveythis.com/translation.php

Example:

Oh say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

(has to be done in two bits)

...10 translations later we get:

"Interestingly, it can be said to have enough confidence in the sun, we finally honor the lights Aurora? Line width and bright stars, bold, strong walls control the flow? Missiles and bombs into temptation, Red explosion was an air show in the evening, when you know so far. Ah! I must say, not Stars and Stripes wave of land of the free and home of the brave?"

...25 translations later we get:

"Interestingly, they say for sure that I know the final price Aurora? Line width and bright stars, brave, strong walls that? Bombs and 'red rockets against the temptation to explode in the night air samples if we can, yes. "Oh say, I must say that the Stars and Stripes float freely and safely at home?"

...54 translations later we get:

"Interestingly, the final cost of Broadband aurora, courage, hard as the star - electric power? Just love to use red Ball in the air tonight as Missile nehasigi. For example, the stars and God's plan either bathroom in the house?"

Or:

"O beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain, For purple mountain majesties Above the fruited plain! America! America! God shed his grace on thee And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea!"

"Oh, beautiful sky and the food, fruit, light gold Purple Mountain Majesty wide! Many South American! God bless you and crown your brother is good, from coast to coast!"

"Ah, air, good food, fruit, light gold, purple mountain Hood Up! A large part of South America! God bless you and your brother are in favor of a good choir?"

"A, air, food, fruit, golden light, fuddoappu murasakeyama? Latin America and more! May God bless you brother and Choirs and helping others"

Or:

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force!"

"Proud of this technological terror does not build. Destroy the Earth a little energy, power!"

"Proud of the technology of terrorism creates. Earth, destroying the power!"

"Car technology is pleased to create an atmosphere of fear!"

Or:

"I've been waiting for you. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but a learner. Now I am the master."

"I am waiting for you. Full Circle. When I go on, but one of the students. Now my boss."

"I'm waiting for you. Full Circle. If I was a student. Now you have a boss."

"I am a student Staying around. Now you can learn."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote"Car technology is pleased to create an atmosphere of fear!"

I always suspected the Death Star was built by Toyota!  :hmm:

Josquius

It does go wacky with languages far from English though with Swedish I find google translate pretty awesome. I only have to check what one or two words out of a hundred actually mean.

I tried Martinus' signature, it being right there in front of me.
I get:

"No, it does not legalize marriage, joy, financial banking system does not accept religious scenes -. "When Pete political activities."

Whats odd is it translates sure into a negative (certainly not) on the first go....
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

"Interestingly, the final cost of Broadband aurora, courage, hard as the star - electric power? Just love to use red Ball in the air tonight as Missile nehasigi. For example, the stars and God's plan either bathroom in the house?"

This gibberish actually does a pretty good job of capturing the "American Dream": broadband, electric power, God's plan and a bathroom in every house. :D

Syt

This is awesome:

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man. "

"So, love what my country does not mean the U.S. - the country's request. Good citizens of the world: America claims to do, but we can work together on human freedom."

"Today in our country and citizens of America -. World population: what can I do to people. But the American policy."

What can you do to people indeed, Mr Kennedy. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

"I say to the House as I said to ministers who have joined this government, I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering."

"Dangerous phenomenon in the blood, sweat and tears I think of slavery, such as pain and suffering."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

"All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin, and, therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words "Ich bin ein Berliner.""

"All free men, whether they are citizens of Berlin, a free man, and Zurich, Berlin, I am proud of the appointment."

"All free people, as citizens of Berlin, free, Zurich, Berlin, and I am proud of the agreement."

"A person is not a citizen of Berlin, Zurich, in Berlin and Contracts"

And for Neil:

"I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as President, I must put the interest of America first."

"I have never been a coward. He resigned before the end of my body instinctively fear in all long-term. As president, I am the first line with U.S. interests."

"I am not a coward. He left her body shortly before the normal cycle of fear. As President I have been at the forefront of U.S. interests."

"I do not think so. A wave of violence before they leave the body. Yu. It. President heads interested."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

"For when we have faced down impossible odds; when we've been told that we're not ready, or that we shouldn't try, or that we can't, generations of Americans have responded with a simple creed that sums up the spirit of a people. Yes we can."

after 54 translations becomes:

"We have made the picture, and turn us - so, based on the American people just hirakata"
:lol:

Syt

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! "

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if peace, prosperity, if you look to the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you look at liberalization: Come to the door? Mr. Gorbachev, open the door! "Mr. Gorbachev, this wall!"

"Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, in which prosperity and peace, we, like the Soviet Union in Europe, look to the door? Mr. Gorbachev, open the gate! "Mr Gorbachev, this wall!"

"Secretary Michael Gorbachev, the Soviet Union in European security and prosperity now Gorbachev proposed, or already has begun! Mr. Gorbachev, in the wall!"

Yes, I am easily amused today. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

This actually makes for a good religious text creator. Behold: :pope:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light."

and after 54 translations:

"God of heaven and earth first. Black Dragon members of the white water and the Spirit of God, were Injured. God for me to explain, in his reply said."

Syt

My signature makes for an interesting transformation:

"The dreams are that you are going to have a great series and win, and the nightmares are that you are going to let the winning run score on a ground ball through your legs."

"The sun is a great series and win, get a career mark of his foot evil planets."

"I am very versatile and he was famous in the world."

"It is Flexible and was known throughout the world."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Queequeg

"In one word, Queequeg, said I, rather digressively; hell is an idea first born on an undigested apple-dumpling; and since then perpetuated through the hereditary dyspepsias nurtured by Ramadans."

becomes, after about 25 translations

"The Shotokuikegu, but I highly metabolic islands, the original idea of home-meal replacement products during digestion of Ramadan."

after another 25, becomes
"Shotokoykegu but activities on the Island, furniture, and instead have the same idea mendobrak Ramadan."

Shotokoyegu?  Was Queequeg a word in some language?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

"Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns."

"Angel spoke to my soul. Username slander Red beast seven heads and ten horns, and the party of women worldwide."

"In 1004 and 10 animal spirits say line 7 of the International card of justice." :tinfoil:

—Stephen Jay Gould