News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Well, there was no point in playing Gout last turn and then set up the Constantinople attack if he could attack Vienna *and* Constantinople this turn anyway. Wasted two Response cards, 5 cp and 3 troops. And on top of that ehrie accuses me of having stopped playing.  :P
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 8

Message from Ottoman:
Constantinople.

4 Ottoman vs. 4 Habsburg, Ottoman first.

Something of a wash.  2 hits on each side--2 cavalry die as do 2 Habsburg mercenaries.

The cost to get more troops to Istanbul is rather prohibitive, so I just have to hope that 1 die misses, basically.  File coming.  Del is up now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Charles performs a strategic redisposition of forces, picks up his army and moves to Wittenberg, leaving a maxed out garrison in Vienna.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on June 04, 2009, 02:56:34 PM
Charles performs a strategic redisposition of forces, picks up his army and moves to Wittenberg, leaving a maxed out garrison in Vienna.

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Event

#33: 1 / Landsknechts

Message from Protestant:
In response to the announcement of the move to Wittenberg, drop 2 more mercs there.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#96: 3 / Sale of Moluccas

Message from England:
Publish in England. Targets are Portsmouth and Lincoln

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from England:
Portsmouth. 2 vs 2. Protty first

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 3

Message from England:
Lincoln. 2 vs 1. Protty first

Both convert. Pope Berkut seen crying. On to Tamas File coming shortly.

Delirium

I'm on to you and ulmont's scheme of converting the world to win. He won't, though. Not sure what to do about you...

Tamas

So what can I do to stop England from winning?

Delirium

1. Play events that will let the pope do counter-reformation shit in England.

2. Not let him surprise DoW you and take cheap keys.

3. Steal cards from him.

4. Distract him with silly noises.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2009, 06:17:32 AM
So what can I do to stop England from winning?

It is always funny in HiS when people ask this question after it is much too late...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

I think he can still be stopped. Unfortunately, I've been too busy wasting my cards on stupid plays, but I think it can be done, I want a turn 6 dammit.

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on June 05, 2009, 01:10:14 AM
I'm on to you and ulmont's scheme of converting the world to win.

I don't think of it so much as a "scheme" as "the obvious Protestant strategy."

He won't, though.

Says you.  Only 11 spaces to go...

Delirium

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on June 05, 2009, 08:47:27 AM
I'm on to you and ulmont's scheme of converting the world to win.

I don't think of it so much as a "scheme" as "the obvious Protestant strategy."

He won't, though.

Says you.  Only 11 spaces to go...

The dice will turn. France is ripe for counter reformation.

England is the real problem. I don't know how I can counter that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

France: Play Card as Operations
#42: 4 / Roxelana

Message from France:
Place 2 mercs to Paris
Move 4 regulars to Metz

Update the CB please