Proud to have german blood...

Started by Alexandru H., March 29, 2010, 04:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I didn't fight two World Wars (and one World Cup) to have German blood  :mad:

Agelastus

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2010, 03:48:40 AM
I didn't fight two World Wars (and one World Cup) to have German blood  :mad:

You're a pureblood Celt then? I didn't realise.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 30, 2010, 02:22:06 AM
Why isn't garbon called on making a gay reference and I get it all the time?  :mad:

You suck and I do not. Deal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 30, 2010, 02:53:59 AM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on March 29, 2010, 04:18:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RobaJKGMMiE

That's pretty cool.  Is this something only that one can do, or they're just the first one to think up excavator gymnastics?

Dunno. It's an excerpt from a German prime time weekend show (once a month or so), loosely translated as "Let's make a bet". Candidates bet weird things (like climbing that tower with an excavator, or one guy in the 80s recognized cars by the sound their doors made opening/closing, or someone would recognize songs just by watching the equalizer on an old stereo while another could accurately guess the temperature of water by holding his nose into it. The show's been around for 30 or so years, and usually features international stars who have to guess whether somoene succeeds or fails and offer a forfeit. The past few years the show has become increasingly sucky and is going down. It was a big thing in the more limited media landscape of the 80s/90s, but these days I can see cooler things on YouTube.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.