News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Now I'm part of the regime :(

Started by Martinus, March 27, 2010, 02:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

My dad got the Golden Cross of Merit from President Kaczynski for his extraordinary work in restoring antique cars and working for the Polish Automobile Association. :swiss:

Does it make me a part of the establishment? :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Merit_(Poland)

DGuller

Wow, you know a country is short on accomplishments when you hear things like this.

DGuller

Anyway, how does the son of a serious car guy grow up to become gay?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 02:19:25 PM
Wow, you know a country is short on accomplishments when you hear things like this.
Like the time the career 500 pitcher from Curacao got the Dutch equivalent.

Sidney Ponson, that's the dude.

Sahib

I watched a British documentary in which a guy got medal from the Queen for being an accomplished sheep breeder.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Agelastus

Quote from: Sahib on March 27, 2010, 02:33:35 PM

I watched a British documentary in which a guy got medal from the Queen for being an accomplished sheep breeder.

Yes, I must remember to thank those populist tits again for devaluing the honours system even more than it already had been. :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Kleves

Quote from: Sahib on March 27, 2010, 02:33:35 PM
Was it: The Brain?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Richard Hakluyt

What's particularly unworthy about being an accomplished sheep-breeder?

katmai

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 27, 2010, 05:50:21 PM
What's particularly unworthy about being an accomplished sheep-breeder?
Indeed, it is Brainiac's lifelong dream.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

How does Marti's father's accomplishment make Marti accomplished? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 02:20:23 PM

Reconstructing antique automobiles is more of an art, really and besides, have you ever seen the historical costumes these people wear to their rallies? :P

Considering I was raised by an overbearing borderline-wiccan mother who would read to me Greek myths instead of fairytales; an absentminded father who would emerge from his workshop to scour theatrical prop shops for, say, knee-high ecru argyle socks of the type used in 1920s; and a militantly atheistic grandmother, who would teach me to play chess and take me to the opera and ballet from the age of 5, I am surprised I'm so well adjusted. :D

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2010, 06:26:13 PM

Reconstructing antique automobiles is more of an art, really and besides, have you ever seen the historical costumes these people wear to their rallies? :P
Why don't you ever bite when I troll?  I guess having a reputation of being a highly intelligent, even-tempered, and reasonable person is not conducive to successfully trolling someone.  :(

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 06:37:08 PM

Why don't you ever bite when I troll?  I guess having a reputation of being a highly intelligent, even-tempered, and reasonable person is not conducive to successfully trolling someone.

I decided to attention whore instead of going into hysterics. It's not about you, it's about me. :P

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2010, 06:05:39 PM
How does Marti's father's accomplishment make Marti accomplished? :unsure:

It does?  :huh:

citizen k

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2010, 06:38:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 27, 2010, 06:37:08 PM

Why don't you ever bite when I troll?  I guess having a reputation of being a highly intelligent, even-tempered, and reasonable person is not conducive to successfully trolling someone.

I decided to attention whore instead of going into hysterics. It's not about you, it's about me. :P

Plus we tend to assume you're just ignorant, and answer your questions seriously.