And we're back!

Main Menu

Ricky Martin is gay!

Started by Martinus, March 29, 2010, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Stop the presses!  :lol:

QuoteRicky Martin Confirms: "I'm Gay"
Ricky Martin put an end to years of rumors about his personal life and confirmed Monday in a blog post on his website that he is gay.
By Advocate.com Editors

After years of refusing to discuss his personal life, Ricky Martin confirmed Monday in a blog post on his website that he is gay.

The singer's personal life has long been the subject of rumors, but in a post about his forthcoming memoirs, Martin wrote: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin writes in the post: "A few months ago I decided to write my memoirs, a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life. From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And this is something worth celebrating."

Earlier this year, Barbara Walters told Toronto newspaper The Star her one regret as an interviewer was pressuring Martin to come out of the closet. "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now I feel it was an inappropriate question."

The singer has been out of the public eye in recent years, focusing his energies on raising his twin boys, Matteo and Valentino. Martin's memoirs and a new album are due later this year.

http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Entertainment_News/Ricky_Martin_Confirms_Im_Gay/

MadImmortalMan

Coming out: A great way to sell books.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

:huh: I thought he'd come out years ago.  Maybe it was just so obvious that he's gay that I mistakenly assumed he did. :unsure:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Considering that musically he's the Latin George Michael, I'm flabbergasted. :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alexandru H.

I still hate Martinus the most.

Ricky Martin is too cute and attractive for me to hate him  :blush:

Jaron

Quote from: Alexandru H. on March 29, 2010, 05:24:34 PM
I still hate Martinus the most.

:blush:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

BuddhaRhubarb

:blink: wow. who woulda thunk it? :p
:p

Grallon

Repressed fag!  :lol:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

:D That was kind of a suspect post, wasn't it?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Woah....
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

:hmm:

Maybe Alex can be the forum's token homosexual? I just hope we can be as supportive as we are of Brain's bestiality, Marty's foot fetish and Queequeg's use of magic underwear when he fucks his wives. :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.