News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coulter speech cancelled because of protestors

Started by crazy canuck, March 24, 2010, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on March 26, 2010, 02:25:19 PM
I really don't understand why university students protest so much.  When I was a student, I was both physically and psychologicaly crushed by schoolwork and future uncertainties that I couldn't do anything except studying.  And worrying. 

When I was a college student, I spent a lot of my time either drunk or asleep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2010, 02:48:59 PM
I really don't understand why university students protest so much.  When I was a student, I was both physically and psychologicaly crushed by schoolwork and future uncertainties that I couldn't do anything except studying.  And worrying. 

Yep, that's university.

I remember at one point I just didn't bother to go in to King's College for six or seven weeks soon after Christmas. When I finally went in I said I had had unspecified "personal problems", wrote four essays in four days, and they didn't say anything more about it. :lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

grumbler

"University is a place for acquiring a fine set of friends and an appalling set of habits"
                      - Somebody Clever
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

BuddhaRhubarb

ditto...
:p

Camerus

Yes.   It can take years to adjust to the common paradigms / expectations of "the real world" after uni.     :huh: