News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scourge of War - Gettysburg

Started by Vricklund, March 04, 2010, 03:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

What I really want is a game about the Battle of Nations, Leipzig 1813. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2010, 02:11:26 PM

:w00t: Bernadotte!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 04, 2010, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2010, 12:20:29 PM
In terms of gaming, Gettysburg is to ACW what Waterloo is to Napoleonics and The Bulge is to WW2.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

I want tactical 18th century battles instead. :(

While I completely agree...I totally disagree.

I don't know why, but for some reason GB never gets old for me. It isn't very balanced, everyone knows what is going to happen...but for some reason I still love to game it anyway.

Then that's on you.
I'd rather play Stalingrad over and over.  The Germans had a better chance of winning that than the filthy secessionistas at Gettysburg.

Razgovory

I enjoy clobbering the confederacy at any chance I get.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Vricklund

grumbler

I made that (board) game in La Bataille scale.  The problem with that battle is that there really aren't very many interesting decisions to be made, and the outcome is never in doubt.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Vricklund on March 27, 2010, 03:29:33 AM
Here it is!

http://www.scourgeofwar.com/Downloads/ScourgeOfWarGettysburg.exe

The demo is the game, you get a key to unlock it.

Wow.  That's fucking brilliant.  The second tutorial is unlocked but not the first.  I have no idea how to move my troops in formations.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Vricklund

Click on Movement and then Road Columns or click on where you want to go and click Follow Road. You'll have them marching smartly in no time.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Vricklund

Quote from: Jaron on March 30, 2010, 06:14:17 AM
Map sucks.
That's because you need a card that supports PixelShader X7 - 3rd Generation with a minimum of 10GB VRAM.  Duh! :rolleyes: :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Vricklund on March 30, 2010, 05:33:36 AM
Click on Movement and then Road Columns or click on where you want to go and click Follow Road. You'll have them marching smartly in no time.

Can I only move one regiment at a time?  I can't figure out how to move a whole regiment at once.

Lettow77

Will investigate this shortly.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Vricklund

Quote from: Razgovory on March 30, 2010, 08:10:55 AM
Can I only move one regiment at a time?  I can't figure out how to move a whole regiment at once.
To move a brigade just get your Brig. Gen moving towards your wanted position. Click Movement->Follow road and your leader and troops will march using roads when possible.

If you're commanding a Division or a Corps just get your leader into a good position and order a stance. Riders will go out, issuing your orders to AI brig/div leaders and they will set up their forces to the best of their ability. You can then take command of individual brigades and tweak the positions if needed.

Drakken

What I really want is a game about the Swedes beating the Krauts around Germany with a large trout and giving them Schwedentrunk for fifteen years.

Fixed.